Lucy Clippings: The 1930's

Lucyilove

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Lucy was so loyal to little dogs and just adored them. They were some of her close friends and she gave them lots of love. Like me Lucy loved poddles.

I had a couple of those myself, can be somewhat difficult at times but nice dogs to own nonetheless. Always loved the Lucy line that she lost all her dogs, God came to get them just as she had her children.

• 4 months later...

She flew her own plane, as a matter of fact, till the studio forbade it. Once, in weather ten below zero, she landed her plane on the ice to rescue a boy from a disabled iceboat. And once in a plane over the river in Colombia, she shot at and helped disperse a herd of alligators that threatened a jungle settlement.

:blink::hlLOL:  !!!!!!!!!!!

She makes Sully Sullenberger sound like John Denver.

And that she's the daughter of a concert pianist Dede.  AND they all hail from Butte Montana!

I remember reading the airline pilot story --- didn't she rescue some boy who was on an ice flow?-- but didn't know her talents extended to the....floral industry??

It's too bad they left out her pioneering work in the aviation and floral industries, which usually figures in these 1930s bio-blurbs. lol

And that she's the daughter of a concert pianist Dede.  AND they all hail from Butte Montana!

I remember reading the airline pilot story --- didn't she rescue some boy who was on an ice flow?--(AT THIS POINT HADN'T SEEN THE PREVIOUS POST-- but didn't know her talents extended to the....floral industry??

Then there was the time she saw this dog that had run onto the ice while chasing a squirrel, it got stuck there, fell in the frozen water and she landed her plane and then ran all the way with a rope and she got the dog tied up and out of the water and then flew it back to her own home, she later named it Tinker.

Although, Desi looks like he's the son of Robert Cummings and The Joker from Batman in that shot.

lololololol hhahaaaaaaa YOU SHUT IT!! loll Desi was a little hard to capture bu after hours on end I got what I was happy with for the time being lol

now you leave him alone and let him smile on Lucy loll 

Its funny though, Ive seen a lot of artists render him and he always comes across and difficult to capture lol And he IS for me, because his face is 

is embellished with these warm honey-orange hues. His skin tone is so rich and bronze. He was really a gorgeous gorgeous man

it's not YOUR work that has those faults, it's the original you were working from.   

Well Im responsible for his over all look. The picture could have a lot of flaws but I should be able to smooth them out and make the image more becoming (if desired) lol 

Old, everything now is perfect.

Well I learned over time. Its a process. I was not mastering my technique at 16, 17, 18. The development of art fundamentals were introduced to me a little later. 

I look back at that early work and I can appreciate my admiration for detail. I enjoy it still.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived