EMMY AWARDS, SEPTEMBER 22

C L A U D E

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well at least Bob Newhart finally won one albeit for his guest appearance on Big Bang Theory! More probably a "career award" but still, long overdue! :D

AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER, THE MAN HAS HAD AS MANY HIT SERIES AS LUCY I THINK BUT JUST NEVER GETS ACKNOWLEDGED FOR HIS DEADPAN DELIVERY, he's so natural, same as his phone conversations back in Lucy's day when he did stand up.

First awards were given out in '49.  The wings on the award represent the muse of art, while the atom represents the electron of science.  Each trophy takes five and a half hours to produce, and is made of gold, nickel, silver and copper and weigh 6 pounds and 12.5b ounces and backstage they get the real award, not the one they get on stage.

In hopes of getting a nomination for his animated series, Family Guy, Seth MacFarlane once sent SCREENERS with a note to each voting member that read . . . . COME ON, YOU BLOATED, OVER PRIVILEDGED BRENTWOOD JEWS, LET US IN YOUR LITTLE CLUB, but it didn't work and he did not get a nomination.  And rightly so, if you ask me, LOL!

Archived