Lucy's Childhood Home Restoration

Luvsbway

I encourage everyone to hop on over to Facebook and visit Mary’s fan page 59 Lucy Lane.  She is currently undertaking a very interesting project with Lucy’s childhood home and has posted some really great photos of the work, some are aerial views.  Maybe Mary can pop on here and give us some details of the project.  From what I was able to tell, they are replacing the siding and taking the house back to the original color.  The original siding was so old it would not hold paint anymore and some of it was splintering.  According to her photos it is being replaced.  The original color they found from scraping down the paint layers on the original clapboard siding was dark gray with gold trim.  It sounds like a great project and I will be anxious to see what the end result looks like.

I encourage everyone to hop on over to Facebook and visit Mary’s fan page 59 Lucy Lane.  She is currently undertaking a very interesting project with Lucy’s childhood home and has posted some really great photos of the work, some are aerial views.  Maybe Mary can pop on here and give us some details of the project.  From what I was able to tell, they are replacing the siding and taking the house back to the original color.  The original siding was so old it would not hold paint anymore and some of it was splintering.  According to her photos it is being replaced.  The original color they found from scraping down the paint layers on the original clapboard siding was dark gray with gold trim.  It sounds like a great project and I will be anxious to see what the end result looks like.

Hope she does better than the new owners of her Roxbury house did, then again, she HAS to do better.

Thanks for posting; I 'heard' this was going to happen during LucyFest this year; and am anxious about it, since the lovely paint job done several years ago, was looking 'very bad'.  Mary told me what you have stated above, and I'm so happy she had decided to reburbish, yet again! 

Happened to cross paths with Abbie Lasker, Mary's partner at 59 Lucy Lane yesterday; and she encouraged me to stop over to see what they have been doing; I DID; it's looking fantastic.  Have not been to Facebook to look at the photos of the work; but, perhaps she will come over here to give us the details of a project she is pursuing with the old shingles.....

• 3 months later...

What is the actual link to her 59 Lucy lane page, because there are no pics or anything or any link to anything I could find. I found Mary the other day on FB but couldn't find anything about the Lucy Lane house. :( If there was a link, that would be easier to find. :) Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Archived