"Here's Lucy" Boxed Set

Mr. Wilson

Oh that's nice. Wonder if CBS will ever bundle The Lucy Show together like they did with I Love Lucy. Just have to see...

That's going to make me mad if they put out a box set with new "extras ". Anybody that would potentially by the boxed set, I would think they would have all the seasons separately.

Well, at least CBS made their new extras separate with the I Love Lucy: The Movie release. 

Great news! Hope we hear they're doing the same with The Lucy Show. I purposely did not buy any of the individual sets from either series anticipating a boxed set. Strange they would release a boxed set of Here's Lucy before The Lucy Show....unless....

I've been waiting it out too.

Great news! Hope we hear they're doing the same with The Lucy Show. I purposely did not buy any of the individual sets from either series anticipating a boxed set. Strange they would release a boxed set of Here's Lucy before The Lucy Show....unless....

Yeah, it IS!  Love your avatar of Lucy, did SHE do it herself in art class, does it move when you got o touch it?

• 3 weeks later...

I never had any interest in the I Love Lucy box set.  Too big and bulky.  I was disappointed I was missing out on new "extras", however.  Fortunately they released the extras separately.  I don't see any purpose for a Here's Lucy box set, unless they have new material.  I can see CBS releasing the box set of The Lucy Show, just because they did it with I Love Lucy.  But again, what would be the point if there's no new material.  I do buy box sets, if they're more compact than the whole series separately.  I bought The Doris Day Show and Family Affair, because the box set had slimmer cases, and are easy to store.

I think it might be a way to breach a gap between the die hard fans like us who buy each season and the causal fan who might only buy 1 season. Give a good deal on the whole thing and many might be inclined to pick it up.

I dunno, I side with LucyImhome, 

I think they should put their energy, time, and monies into Life With Lucy and THEN market them as a box set together some time after- which would sweeten the pot for both shows.

I never had any interest in the I Love Lucy box set.  Too big and bulky.  I was disappointed I was missing out on new "extras", however.  Fortunately they released the extras separately.  I don't see any purpose for a Here's Lucy box set, unless they have new material.  I can see CBS releasing the box set of The Lucy Show, just because they did it with I Love Lucy.  But again, what would be the point if there's no new material.  I do buy box sets, if they're more compact than the whole series separately.  I bought The Doris Day Show and Family Affair, because the box set had slimmer cases, and are easy to store.

I so agree, that ILL boxed set was beautiful but not very practical.  I will get any boxed set of any Lucy series whenever they come out.

I so agree, that ILL boxed set was beautiful but not very practical.  I will get any boxed set of any Lucy series whenever they come out.

I never had any problem with it....loved the look of it:  For ease of access -- since I find it very nice to have the entire series at my fingertips in ONE box! -- I'd just leave the plastic "heart"/Lucy face part of the box off to the side so I could get my grubby little paws on any disc I wanted -- and with the nice, concise booklet inside, if I needed a "refresher" where to find a particular ep, I'd just pull that out and refer to it! Easy, breezy! :lucyhehe:

I dunno, I side with LucyImhome,

I think they should put their energy, time, and monies into Life With Lucy and THEN market them as a box set together some time after- which would sweeten the pot for both shows.

It'd be neat if CBS joined forces with MPI and released an entire box set of all of her series. The Complete Lucy Collection. Now that'd be something.

I never had any problem with it....loved the look of it:  For ease of access -- since I find it very nice to have the entire series at my fingertips in ONE box! -- I'd just leave the plastic "heart"/Lucy face part of the box off to the side so I could get my grubby little paws on any disc I wanted -- and with the nice, concise booklet inside, if I needed a "refresher" where to find a particular ep, I'd just pull that out and refer to it! Easy, breezy! :lucyhehe:

But bubbela, the way it's set up means one has to open the flimsy plastic every single time one needs to watch a show.  You move the heart and then go through the whole shebang, i'd much rather do it season by season in individual boxes and just go to the one I want, one easy box to open and that's it.  Although I admit the box itself looks terrific, great presentation, however I just keep it for show and use the individual seasons to watch.

But bubbela, the way it's set up means one has to open the flimsy plastic every single time one needs to watch a show.  You move the heart and then go through the whole shebang, i'd much rather do it season by season in individual boxes and just go to the one I want, one easy box to open and that's it.  Although I admit the box itself looks terrific, great presentation, however I just keep it for show and use the individual seasons to watch.

Whatever works for you, cupcake! But like I said, if I'm going to watch at length -- marathons, etc. -- I just leave the plastic Lucy face/heart piece aside and have easy access to the box itself containing the discs and booklet.  Nces pas?? ;)

Whatever works for you, cupcake! But like I said, if I'm going to watch at length -- marathons, etc. -- I just leave the plastic Lucy face/heart piece aside and have easy access to the box itself containing the discs and booklet.  Nces pas?? ;)

Oh well for a marathon, fine then, LOL!  And like I told you before it's N'est ce pas, tink you veddy many.

It's going to be fun the next time Claude makes a spelling mistake, along the lines of "coontest" and "Whoppie Goldburg", isn't it? :D

Hey, I KNOW I make more mistakes than all of you combined.  I started checking words as I type them lately and I get so many wrong, it's just that lately I am pissed that I find mistakes all over the net, even in major news stories.  I have an excuse, i'm FRENCH, but what's THEIR excuse?   Proofreading is a lost art?  My all time favorite, YOUR wrong, or YOU'RE mistake.  It's the Fred in me I fear, they just get on my last nerve when it's supposed to be someone educated who writes an article for the net and does those things. 

Then there's the fact that some words are from Britain and are spelled differently from the American way.  Then there's the French with one way of spelling and then the American way.  Very annoying.  Then there's the artists with the really weird names, I have no problem with Goldberg but who the hell has a first name that means she was named after a cushion?????

Archived