"Life With Lucy" DVD Release

Mr. Wilson

Personally, I'd like to know why I remember a big, splashy press announcement from Aaron Spelling several months before he died that he donated whatever stake he had in LWL to the Lucy-Desi Museum and nobody else seems to remember this. LOL Sometimes I have vivid dreams, but they can't be that vivid! lol

I'm pretty sure Spelling just donated tapes of the episodes and not the rights. I have no idea why it got so much media attention if that's the case. I still have some of the newspaper clippings with the announcement.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be that CBS thinks the Lucy fans would not buy the show on dvd. But if they think Lucy fans would not buy the show on dvd they would be wrong. As a Lucy fan I want anything that she did to be on dvd. Life With Lucy on dvd would be great for any Lucy fan's dvd collection. So CBS give us Life With Lucy on dvd!!!

That's what I'm thinking. Look at how many short lived sitcoms that have been released and have done well! Lucy will forever be a money maker and Life With Lucy will make them a good about of cash.

I am sure that a DVD release of Life with Lucy will show up at one point in time. Lucille Ball is an iconic figure in American culture and there is large fan base when it comes to this woman. And let's not forget that the general public knows who she is. Heck, she is even the most popular "dead celebrity".

Well, Im not too sure, I believe MPI now owns it, or at least some part of it, considering a youtube specified that MPIs involvement with having it down. I even changed the credits to my LWL video to reflect MPIs ownership. So I dunno :D 

Im going to soon pitch MPI a DVD cover for LWL just to show theres not only a fan base, but an enthusiastic one that would love to see it out there. Plus the fact, A LOT of people are still with us who have a lot to say about the show and could possibly raise the  acceptance of the show with their input and stories around it. So many pictures taken around that time, on the set, or behind it, shows such an energy and sparkle, so Im sure itd be really nice to revisit on DVD. 

Well, I got a brief response from Lucie Arnaz's website.  A rep just wrote back: Sorry, but the Arnaz Family does not own that show.:( I'm still confused as to why it was M.P.I. that pulled down that LWL episode,  from the viewing page on this site.  Anyways, it doesn't look like we'll see Life With Lucy released any time soon.

I was wondering even if they show wasn't cancelled right away. How long do you  think her health could have held out for a few seasons? She died April 26, 1989. Do you think she could would have been healthy enough to do those few season?

She might have lived for the first three seasons, the work might have kept her going, a reason to live and all that, however, she could also have died sooner and pulled a John Ritter and died getting to the hospital from the studio while working on the show and then they would have brought in someone to replace her or TRY and relace her, yeah, good luck with THAT!

She might have lived for the first three seasons, the work might have kept her going, a reason to live and all that, however, she could also have died sooner and pulled a John Ritter and died getting to the hospital from the studio while working on the show and then they would have brought in someone to replace her or TRY and relace her, yeah, good luck with THAT!

Many believe the early cancellation of Life With Lucy just broke her heart.

Have no idea what causes an aorta to burst, wonder what did it for Ritter.  Of course the ciggies never helped but she also had high blood pressure.

Ritter was born with a dissected aorta, it just finally decided to burst one day for him.  I just know that smoking causes heart disease and cardiovascular problems as well, so if Lucy had high blood pressure than that would make sense.  My father also died of a burst aorta, but he had heart disease as well (smoked in his younger days too).  

Archived