"Life With Lucy" DVD Release

Mr. Wilson

Never even heard of Lucy MOVIES to NBC, LOL!  But the supposed pilot in that special was even worse than Life with Lucy, dated being the key word of course.  Didn't the stupid ass execs at NBC KNOW that Lucy could not create any successful pilots when she owned Desilu, why would that have changed by now?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly.  The first woman to own and operate a major studio and yet when anybody interviewed her, like Rex Reed, she had to dust and empty ashtrays so as to show she was after all, a mere woman doing these things.  Ah yes, the fifties and sixties when people did not respect women at all.

I'm working on my own DVD edition of this show for private use. Designing menus, labels and packaging for it, not to mention editing the episodes from the various sources I have. My editing software isn't great, but I've at least been able to cut out commercials and the tape blips in between commercial breaks. Having an issue with audio synchronization at the moment, so I may have to convert them to a different file type before burning them. It's not lossless but hopefully they won't look too bad. 

Archived