Halloween Lucy

Luvsbway

WOW..... THAT'S FREAKIN GOOD...... You did the makeup perfectly.... I like your outfit bur your make up just sets it just right! You look so prerty!

Thank you! Like I said, I studied many colored photos and footage to get it right! :) Plus I made my cheek bones a bit more rounded like hers. I really wish I could have made a costume though, but goodness does time fly by!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her hair is very very hard to do right, ever look at it carefully, the work that went in there to make it look so great, not just the front but those gorgeous lines on the side, just perfect.  I've noticed it a lot lately.  And yes, Annaleigh, we can see how much trouble you went through to get it just right and you look gorgeous too, so that helps.

Her hair is very very hard to do right, ever look at it carefully, the work that went in there to make it look so great, not just the front but those gorgeous lines on the side, just perfect. I've noticed it a lot lately. And yes, Annaleigh, we can see how much trouble you went through to get it just right and you look gorgeous too, so that helps.

I really paid attention to it. A lot of people just roll their hair and put it up with a hair band, there is no hair band when it comes to Lucy! Her hair has that waterfall of curls in the back and it wasn't tightly back. Also she sometimes does some little pin curls in the back too. But the curls in the front are a major part of her look.

I am strangly obsessed with how she uses hair combs on the sides.

She doesn't always. A lot of times it is hold only by pins. But in a lot of season 2 episodes I believe the combs were used a bit more. Also at home or when she wasn't appearing somewhere she usually had the combs.

Annaleigh, how beautiful you look! Your hair & makeup are perfection -- you look so much like Lucy :lucy1:  :) .

When you posted that:

One little girl was extremely excited but nervous to meet me! I had to introduce myself as Lucy. I felt a bit like Carole Cook.

I nearly fell off my chair giggling :marionstrong:  :marionstrong: !

Your amazing with this stuff.

Thank you. Once I watch something so much or see something so much, I start to look deeper into them.

But I am so fascinated with Lucy's ever changing look. So I really search into it, if I see one thing I haven't noticed, I instantly think there has got to be another thing about her look I haven't seen! A lot of times when I watch her, especially in color, I pause and zoom in. I love seeing the work and detail they put into making Lucy look breathtaking.

It also amazes me how Lucy had such little makeup on during the ILL era and she looks absolutely stunning then flash forward to the 1960s and look at how much makeup she wears and of course looking stunning. I know a lot has to do with the transition into color, the era, and the aging process. But man, her look was always changing!

Annaleigh, how beautiful you look! Your hair & makeup are perfection -- you look so much like Lucy :lucy1::) .

When you posted that:

I nearly fell off my chair giggling :marionstrong::marionstrong: !

Thank you hun!

I instantly thought that when I said it! I was like, Oh man, this kid is gonna live for another 70 years and people are gonna think she is nuts when she talks about meeting Lucy in 2013! Lucy is back from the grave! ;)

But a child came in yesterday because her mom took photos of me as Lucy the day before. The mom told her Lucy wouldn't be back there but insisted on going. The little girl asked a co-worker of mine 'Where is Lucy?'. My co-worker told her 'Lucy' wasn't there today. All the child said was 'Ah man! It's because it rained, huh?'

Hahaha! I couldn't stop laughing when I heard that! :HALKING:

Thank you. Once I watch something so much or see something so much, I start to look deeper into them.

But I am so fascinated with Lucy's ever changing look. So I really search into it, if I see one thing I haven't noticed, I instantly think there has got to be another thing about her look I haven't seen! A lot of times when I watch her, especially in color, I pause and zoom in. I love seeing the work and detail they put into making Lucy look breathtaking.

It also amazes me how Lucy had such little makeup on during the ILL era and she looks absolutely stunning then flash forward to the 1960s and look at how much makeup she wears and of course looking stunning. I know a lot has to do with the transition into color, the era, and the aging process. But man, her look was always changing!

I told you, put her on three tv sets each showing one of her series and sometimes you can't tell it's the same woman.

I like to play the game find another decade of Lucy’s look in the current one I’m watching at that time.  For example.  Duck hunting on TLS.  In the duck blind she is using her own hair which is longer and fuller than the wig she normally uses.  The way she has her bangs done reminds me a lot of her mid 40’s MGM look.  Yesterday I was watching the Crazy Crunch episode of TLS and it’s the only time that I can remember on the whole series wearing a day dress with a full skirt.  The addition of the use of her own hair in this episode reminds me so much as Lucy Ricardo.  I find it hard in TLS to see that character many times but here the elements come together, longer fuller hair, a dress more in the 50’s style, and since it’s still the first season the difference between the two characters is still sort of in that overlap stage.

I like to play the game find another decade of Lucy’s look in the current one I’m watching at that time.  For example.  Duck hunting on TLS.  In the duck blind she is using her own hair which is longer and fuller than the wig she normally uses.  The way she has her bangs done reminds me a lot of her mid 40’s MGM look.  Yesterday I was watching the Crazy Crunch episode of TLS and it’s the only time that I can remember on the whole series wearing a day dress with a full skirt.  The addition of the use of her own hair in this episode reminds me so much as Lucy Ricardo.  I find it hard in TLS to see that character many times but here the elements come together, longer fuller hair, a dress more in the 50’s style, and since it’s still the first season the difference between the two characters is still sort of in that overlap stage.

Off topic a bit but you did mention her clothes so . . . I hadn't noticed how many of her I L L dresses had pleats in them, that's so elegant and yes, I know, typical fifties dresses. 

I like to play the game find another decade of Lucy’s look in the current one I’m watching at that time. For example. Duck hunting on TLS. In the duck blind she is using her own hair which is longer and fuller than the wig she normally uses. The way she has her bangs done reminds me a lot of her mid 40’s MGM look. Yesterday I was watching the Crazy Crunch episode of TLS and it’s the only time that I can remember on the whole series wearing a day dress with a full skirt. The addition of the use of her own hair in this episode reminds me so much as Lucy Ricardo. I find it hard in TLS to see that character many times but here the elements come together, longer fuller hair, a dress more in the 50’s style, and since it’s still the first season the difference between the two characters is still sort of in that overlap stage.

You are right about that dress. But it was appropriate for the "popping" scene! I really do not like the way her hair was styled naturally in those episodes. Long in back, not very curly, and hair behind the ears. She also wears her natural hair for the first half of the Beauty Doctor episode. I like that style a lot better on her. Even though that is season 3. I cannot think off hand of her natural hair in season 2.. Hmm.. This is gonna bother me now! Haha.

But honestly it wasn't until my LDCH research that I realized that her hair really doesn't hold those large curls.

Archived