Lucy-Desi eBay Auction: Part Two!

HarryCarter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I ended up deciding to get Lucy's serving tray at the last second. At first I thought why the heck would I want that? But, it used to be used at holiday meals and celebratory dinners with Desi, Lucie and the kids and then with Larry and Lucie. I got it for $180. I think it's an interesting addition.  

And I ended up deciding to get Lucy's serving tray at the last second. At first I thought why the heck would I want that? But, it used to be used at holiday meals and celebratory dinners with Desi, Lucie and the kids and then with Larry and Lucie. I got it for $180. I think it's an interesting addition.  

That's very groovy! Did you get the "Christmas Tree" one or the one on the pedestal?

That's very groovy! Did you get the "Christmas Tree" one or the one on the pedestal?

It's the oval one that's copper and silver plated and has a rope-like design along the edges. The one with the pedestal was odd because they sold the pedestal separately. Overall, I think that this entire auction went amazingly for Lucie. However, not much of the "Lucie-Larry" stuff sold, as I expected. 

Lucy seemed to really want to get that thing made. I've heard her reference it on more than 1 talk show.

So true. You should have seen some of those scene/set designs they had over the summer at the festival. They were so elaborate- just stunning. I don't know if anyone has posted pictures but I can if you'd like. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw the wedding lot being resold.......that kind of thing makes me so mad!!!!   :angry:   The winner must not have been too much of a Lucy fan to just turn around and sell it like that......somehow I think they just bidded on the auction to make a profit.  Seriously, if I had that set, it'd be a prized possession!  And $20,000........yikes.  I don't mind Lucie selling most of the other stuff; its good for us fans, after all, but that wedding set should've been given to the Lucy-Desi Center for Comedy to put in the museum instead.  It's a really big piece of 'memorabilia', I mean, its stuff from their WEDDING!  If it was in the museum, then everyone could see it. :)

Archived