Any I Love Lucy Blu ray disc updates?

Lucille Ball fan

• 4 weeks later...

TV Guide has a spotlight on the Christmas special and quotes CBS Home Entertainment's Ken Ross, who says that the BluRays will be released in March and the extras will "blow fans' minds." :HALKING:

What more could they possibly include after the treasure trove on the previous DVDs? Perhaps some new interviews and such.

Also, are we looking at the entire series in March or just a season or two?

TV Guide has a spotlight on the Christmas special and quotes CBS Home Entertainment's Ken Ross, who says that the BluRays will be released in March and the extras will "blow fans' minds." :HALKING:

:HALKING:!

Well, I guess it's time to finally break down and hunt me a bluRay player in a Boxing Day sale this year. <_< The things I do for these four.

As far as new interviews as an extra we've lost so many associated with the show in the past couple of years either they got them before they left us or maybe they are going through the vaults and are including interviews from decades past. That would make me buy these again.

I'll be curious to know if they mean "colorized" episodes as extras. Surely not. No studio has advertised that as an extra before. Perhaps some more lost footage or interviews have materialized in vaults somewhere.

:HALKING:!

Well, I guess it's time to finally break down and hunt me a bluRay player in a Boxing Day sale this year. <_< The things I do for these four.

It's worth having a bluray player regardless, and many top brands aren't especially expensive anymore (they save that for the 3D models). Old films in particular look really spectacular in hi-def. The larger image allows fine grain structure to be much more visible than DVD counterparts, where compression often created that smeared, glossy look. You get a more authentic, filmic presentation with blu-ray. Black and white in particular is GORGEOUS :D

Now color shows would be amazing extras. But I think that the color shows will be released on dvd and Blu -ray in another set. If more color shows are released I wonder if they will be season color releases or special releases like the color christmas dvd. I would say that the new Blu -ray release will only have the remastered black and white shows with the new extras.

Now color shows would be amazing extras. But I think that the color shows will be released on dvd and Blu -ray in another set. If more color shows are released I wonder if they will be season color releases or special releases like the color christmas dvd. I would say that the new Blu -ray release will only have the remastered black and white shows with the new extras.

I think you're right. That'll probably take a lot of time to do, especially in 1080p, so unless they've been working on it in secret for a few years now it'll probably be down the road that they do that. Otherwise, why would they have just included the three previously colorized episodes on the Christmas set? If they'd had more they probably would've included more. I don't think they'd lump those in under "extras", it'll probably get its own release if and when that happens.

But like I said, B&W shows up beautifully on blu-ray, so either way fans will have a LOT to look at for now.

Archived