What I Want...

I used to.wish that I could.watch.I Love Lucy anytime I wanted... Then VCRs and DVDs... Well now I think... Wouldn't it be nice to have a.whole season play...back to back...with the heart on satin opening and closing.... No titles...no animated sequences (although I appreciate them) .. I just would like a feature to let them play.straight as.an option. It would be great not to have to change the.disk (isn't it human nature to never be.satisfied? Lol)

I am curious if.anyone else would.like.a.feature.like.that.

I used to.wish that I could.watch.I Love Lucy anytime I wanted... Then VCRs and DVDs... Well now I think... Wouldn't it be nice to have a.whole season play...back to back...with the heart on satin opening and closing.... No titles...no animated sequences (although I appreciate them) .. I just would like a feature to let them play.straight as.an option. It would be great not to have to change the.disk (isn't it human nature to never be.satisfied? Lol)

I am curious if.anyone else would.like.a.feature.like.that.

While I understand your feeling of never being satisfied, the whole ILL on DVD means that we can dicker with any of the shows and watch them any way we like so i'm satisfied with that.

While I understand your feeling of never being satisfied, the whole ILL on DVD means that we can dicker with any of the shows and watch them any way we like so i'm satisfied with that.

I watch over and over and quote the lines, and still after repeated viewings,  there is still I get some new insight or impressions from often-watched episode.

I watch over and over and quote the lines, and still after repeated viewings,  there is still I get some new insight or impressions from often-watched episode.

That's what makes the series the BEST EVER, you see one show a thousand times and still find it has parts in it you forgot, but of course the main reason is that it's still funny after all those years.

Raising my hand & waving it! I would love to not have to change discs or fast forward the openings. Then I feel unappreciative because I have every single I Love Lucy episode on DVD to watch whenever I want -- and they don't have a single commercial.   B) . 

Now, can you imagine that many of us saw them in grainy black and white images with snow, moving the antenna to get a clearer picture, and could barely see what was happening on a set about 21 inches only.

As much as I appreciate all the original commercial transitions being restored, part of me misses seeing the heart on satin with every episode, every season. I kind of wish the originals could've been just an option.

I agree, I mean most of us grew up seeing them that way so that's what's most "identifiable"....although I do like the stick figures too, it's just that it's a little too obvious they've sort of been re-inserted (intro) and/or tacked back on (end credits)....kinda takes you out of the 'sperience for a moment, ya know what I'm sayin'?? :D

I agree, I mean most of us grew up seeing them that way so that's what's most "identifiable"....although I do like the stick figures too, it's just that it's a little too obvious they've sort of been re-inserted (intro) and/or tacked back on (end credits)....kinda takes you out of the 'sperience for a moment, ya know what I'm sayin'?? :D

Always thought the show only had that HEART on satin beginning, never knew about those stick figures until much later, I grew up knowing only the heart and prefer that over anything else, it's how I watched all of them.

You also grew up knowing the series in only glorious black and white. ;)

As I wrote that, I distinctly remember thinking, oh one of them is going to come back to haunt me about that line.  Yes, it was black and white, it was also grainy and snowy and had these damned lines and glitches all over, but I don't want them to be that way now, I want glorious pristine copies that have been re mastered and if they could also be colored, that would make them better also.  This was confirmed as I just watched the perfect colored trio just now.

Archived