Between I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Lucy is a Sax Symbol," my least favorite episode of "Life With Lucy." 

It would be easier for me to name the best one of Life with Lucy as I have only ONE, the Wedding one with Audrey Meadows, all the other ones stunk but had some moments here and there, this one was just perfect.

The wedding one is my only favorite too of Life With Lucy.  Finally a great script and comedy and drama in a great half an hour.  I also liked Breaking Up is Hard to Do.  The other 4 Life With Lucy I saw were the first, Ritter, Grandma and Lucy's Green Thumb.  All but the last were cute.  Lucy's Green Thumb is my least favorite ever.  I cannot stand how fake it is and a lady naming and talking about your plants isn't funny but sad.  Of the other three my least favorite is so far Lucy and Phil Harris.  PHil sang great but Lucy is like a supporting character and doesn't add much to the show.  I like it when the guest and her have fun but not when it is the Phil Harris Show.

The wedding one is my only favorite too of Life With Lucy.  Finally a great script and comedy and drama in a great half an hour.  I also liked Breaking Up is Hard to Do.  The other 4 Life With Lucy I saw were the first, Ritter, Grandma and Lucy's Green Thumb.  All but the last were cute.  Lucy's Green Thumb is my least favorite ever.  I cannot stand how fake it is and a lady naming and talking about your plants isn't funny but sad.  Of the other three my least favorite is so far Lucy and Phil Harris.  PHil sang great but Lucy is like a supporting character and doesn't add much to the show.  I like it when the guest and her have fun but not when it is the Phil Harris Show.

Ouch, but true, LOL!  Always liked Phil Harris, but you're right, it was called Here's Lucy and The Lucy show, not Here's Phil or The Phil show.

One episode of Here's Lucy that seems dull is the one where Kim moves into her new apartment. Lucy and Gale are in the employment office for a short time and then the rest of  the episode features Kim in her new apartment. Not enough of Lucy in that episode.

I love you.  Finally someone concurs with my opinion of the show when it became too much Lucie and not enough Lucy.

The worst episodes, in my opinion,  from her three hit series in no particular order are:

1.  The Girls Want to Go Out To A Nightclub (I Love Lucy)

2.  Lucy Writes A Novel (I Love Lucy)

3.  The Next Door Neighbors (I Love Lucy)

4.  Lucy Takes Up Golf (The Lucy Show)

5.  Mooney Is A Monkey (The Lucy Show)

6.  Lucy The Rain Goddess (The Lucy Show)

7.  Lucy In The Jungle (Here's Lucy)

8.  Lucy's African Safari (Here's Lucy)

9.  Lucy and Ma Parker (Here's Lucy)

10.Lucy, The Sheriff (Here's Lucy)

11.First episode of Life With Lucy (forgot the title)

I only saw four of the eight Life With Lucy's that aired but  I did like Mother of the Bride/w Audrey Meadows, Love Among the Two by Fours w/Peter Graves and Lucy & John Ritter. 

The worst episodes, in my opinion,  from her three hit series in no particular order are:

1.  The Girls Want to Go Out To A Nightclub (I Love Lucy)

2.  Lucy Writes A Novel (I Love Lucy)

3.  The Next Door Neighbors (I Love Lucy)

4.  Lucy Takes Up Golf (The Lucy Show)

5.  Mooney Is A Monkey (The Lucy Show)

6.  Lucy The Rain Goddess (The Lucy Show)

7.  Lucy In The Jungle (Here's Lucy)

8.  Lucy's African Safari (Here's Lucy)

9.  Lucy and Ma Parker (Here's Lucy)

10.Lucy, The Sheriff (Here's Lucy)

11.First episode of Life With Lucy (forgot the title)

I only saw four of the eight Life With Lucy's that aired but  I did like Mother of the Bride/w Audrey Meadows, Love Among the Two by Fours w/Peter Graves and Lucy & John Ritter. 

O M G how could I forget about Lucy and Ma Parker, the absolute worst of all of her series, even Drafted was better.

Worst episodes of I Love Lucy:

- "The Audition" (#6)

- "The Benefit" (#13)

- "Lucy and the Dummy" (#130)

Worst episodes of The Lucy Show:

- "Lucy Becomes a Reporter" (#17)

- "The Golf Game" (#49)

- "Lucy in the Music World" (#89)

- "Lucy Helps Danny Thomas" (#92)

- "Lucy Saves Milton Berle" (#95)

- "Lucy and the Soap Opera" (#103)

- "Lucy, the Starmaker" (#136)

- "Lucy and Carol Burnett", Part II (#146)

- "Lucy and Phil Harris" (#150)

- "Lucy and Ken Berry" (#153)

Worst episodes of Here's Lucy:

- "Lucy and Sammy Davis, Jr." (#53)

- "Lucy and the Candid Camera" (#74)

- "Lucy and Jim Bailey" (#110)

- "The Carters Meet Frankie Avalon" (#132)

- "Lucy and Phil Harris Strike Up the Band" (#142)

Lucy the Rain Goddess wins as the worst for me.

ILL: I do not dislike one episode. But as for the worst I will always agree with Drafted and Rodeo.

TLS: ^

HL: Lucy and Ma Parker

LWL: John Ritter and Sax Symbol. Those two completely lose my interest if I watch it.

That's why "Sax Symbol" is my worst; it just loses my interest.  Shows like "Rain Goddess" are spectacular for their horribleness.

I watched Tennesse Ernie's Fun Farm.  I was so glad when that was episode was over, it certailnly wasn't "fun". The only I'll watch it again is when I'm in the "I'm going to watch every episode in season 1 type of mood"

Totally forgot about this one, but saw it last night, I went on the computer while It played as I found it horrible, of course another episode where Carole Cook plays a hick as in Ma Parker.

I watched Tennesse Ernie's Fun Farm. I was so glad when that was episode was over, it certailnly wasn't "fun". The only I'll watch it again is when I'm in the "I'm going to watch every episode in season 1 type of mood"

I forgot about that one and I agree wholeheartedly! Haha.

I watched Tennesse Ernie's Fun Farm.  I was so glad when that was episode was over, it certailnly wasn't "fun". The only I'll watch it again is when I'm in the "I'm going to watch every episode in season 1 type of mood"

I find the part of the "commercial" where the Carters play the stressed-out city family before their trip to the funny (oops, "fun") farm kind of funny, but the rest is dull, dull, dull.

Totally forgot about this one, but saw it last night, I went on the computer while It played as I found it horrible, of course another episode where Carole Cook plays a hick as in Ma Parker.

I dun't thin that was the one I was watching as mine was about Ernie Ford having money that Lucy wants as a new account at the bank, sorry!  But it was also a very bad one, shame too as Ernie provided I Love Lucy with TWO of it's all time best episodes.

Worst LS:

Some of these episodes are so bad I don’t even remember the actual titles.

Lucy the Superwoman.  So completely implausible of a premise.  Didn't she actually fly in this one.  I have blocked it out of my mind.

The one with Major Fun Fun.  Nice to see the Jay and Gale reunion but I really hated the whole robot thing.  Was there a trend on other comedy shows at the time to do these completely not believable plots of robots, humans with super powers, etc.?

Mooney the Monkey- As we all hate the fake animal ones.

Lucy the Starmaker- Way too much Frankie Avalon

Lucy and the Soap Opera- I just can’t get past the bad Chinese impersonation. What is it with Asians getting the raw deal on her shows?  Was this the last accepted race you could get away with making fun of?

Lucy the Babysitter-At least we have real monkeys but I’m not a fan of watching Lucy get increasingly frustrated with the chimps.  It’s not funny to watch just painful.  I would watch the outtakes of that all day though.

Worst HL:

Lucy and the Airport Chase- I’ll give them that on location for the first time was a god idea, I’m just not a fan of the whole premise.  The second half is just too much running and chasing to keep me interested.

Lucy the Laundress- yet again with the bad Chinese stereotypes.

Lucy and Ma Parker-for the reasons that others have listed.  Carole is the only redeeming thing in this episode.  How dumb do you have to be to realize they are not kids.

Lucy and Petula Clark- Lucy was just plan annoying this one.  It’s similar to the LS John Wayne one, but her intrusions aren't as annoying there.  Here she is just pushy and not fun.

Worst LWL:

Oh to pick the worst of the worst series.

I’ll go with the first one as everyone was over the top with their acting,  the audience is just wild, and the timing is just not there.  The gags old and forced and since it’s the first the timing seems off

Archived