Just wondering, How would you label season 3 of I Love Lucy?

season 1 we are introduced to Lucy, Ricky, Ethel and Fred and we get to know them, season 2 Lucy has little Ricky and thoe move into another apartment. season 4 is California, season 5 California and Europe and Season 6 in moving to CT. But how would you categorized/label season 3?

The "Domestic" Season: this season perhaps featured more than any other focus on our fabulous foursome, without "distraction" of big-name guest stars or travel scenarios (not that there's anything wrong with that!), therefore featuring (at least for me personally) some of the strongest, funniest and most memorable "homebound" episodes. :D  

For instance:  The Girls Go Into Business, Lucy & Ethel Buy the Same Dress, Equal Rights, Lucy Tells the Truth, Redecorating Mertzes' Apartment, Million-Dollar Idea, Charm School, Oil Wells, Ricky Loses His Temper, Bonus Bucks, Black Wig, The Diner, Tennessee Ernie Visits and personal favorite, Sentimental Anniversary... and these are just my favorites!  :peachonthebeach:

The "Domestic" Season: this season perhaps featured more than any other focus on our fabulous foursome, without "distraction" of big-name guest stars or travel scenarios (not that there's anything wrong with that!), therefore featuring (at least for me personally) some of the strongest, funniest and most memorable "homebound" episodes. :D

For instance:  The Girls Go Into Business, Lucy & Ethel Buy the Same Dress, Equal Rights, Lucy Tells the Truth, Redecorating Mertzes' Apartment, Million-Dollar Idea, Charm School, Oil Wells, Ricky Loses His Temper, Bonus Bucks, Black Wig, The Diner, Tennessee Ernie Visits and personal favorite, Sentimental Anniversary... and these are just my favorites!  :peachonthebeach:

These are the ones being shown NOW on Comedy Gold here and I agree they are definitely effortless at getting big laughs, I think because we knew the characters so well by this time.

For instance: The Girls Go Into Business, Lucy & Ethel Buy the Same Dress, Equal Rights, Lucy Tells the Truth, Redecorating Mertzes' Apartment, Million-Dollar Idea, Charm School, Oil Wells, Ricky Loses His Temper, Bonus Bucks, Black Wig, The Diner, Tennessee Ernie Visits and personal favorite, Sentimental Anniversary... and these are just my favorites! :peachonthebeach:

Perfect! :D

Archived