Lucy and Gary Photo Thread

Luvsbway

Yes but...those goddamn cigarettes! The more I see her with one in her hand or worse, as here, lighting up, it just makes me both cringe with disgust and very very sad as they most certainly hastened her demise.  :angry:

Yes and gary's too and Desi's and millions upon millions of people around the world, blame the tobacco industry and it's chase of profits for that, not Lucy, who was only doing what everybody else did, back then.  I must say though that i feel the same way when i see a coughing moron with a ciggie dangling from their mouths outside in frigid weather, they're addicted and just can't stop, well they'll stop one day when it finally kills them.

I remember the first time I read Lucy and Desi described as TV's "first inter-racial couple", which never occurred to me.  Were they?  Is "Cuban" considered a race?  Or part of the catch-all "Latino"?   If you ask me, THIS couple looks more inter-racial than Lucy and Desi.

2dd.jpg

I think it should be interethnic. I know now on the race question you get that little check box of Hispanic but I'm not sure how many times back then that was a check box. In the Scrapbook book there are a few government documents in it where you had to check race and in those Dedi picked the Caucasian box.

I remember the first time I read Lucy and Desi described as TV's "first inter-racial couple", which never occurred to me.  Were they?  Is "Cuban" considered a race?  Or part of the catch-all "Latino"?   If you ask me, THIS couple looks more inter-racial than Lucy and Desi.

Yup, Lucy white and gary black, i think he was the original tanning lady.

Check out the matching crutch Lucy is sporting.  I wonder if this was around the time she was still getting over the broken leg.

5487.JPG

Something makes me think Gary didn't play too much backgammon with her.

588.JPG

School marm indeed.  Maybe i've been too hard on Gary?  He had to play those stupid games with her all the time.  Gotta feel sorry for him about that, no wonder he was out golfing most days.