Lucy and Gary Photo Thread

Luvsbway

I agree, Claude; terribly harsh profile of Lucille; I almost didn't recognize her; I DID recognize Gary's profile, though....tee hee

Yeah, i think it's the hairline, the profile as you say and the eyelashes not being there.  This reminds me of the pic of her with Robert Osborne going to a Bette Davis play, she looks very harsh and older.  Not like her usual self at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh for my legs to look like that. But whoahhhsa, that's the shortest dress I've ever seen on her and for a women in her 50's at the time, that takes courage no matter how good your legs are. Desi was crazy to look at anyone else.

No kidding, MY sperience of shock at the sight of her long showgirl legs is the number she did a year before she died, Comedy ain't no joke, the woman is 76 and lifts her arms at the end of it lifting her skimpy little outfit and you see her crotch area, which might have necessitated a bikini waxing from the look of things.  I guess the woman knew her assets and wanted to show that her timing might be going but not the shape of those long beautiful legs. 

What I've been wondering, for a long time, is if Mr. Morton knew just how LUCKY he was to have her love....  ANYONE?

Not an easy question. Perhaps, but I think he was more pleased with landing the whole package, beauty, talent and money. It doesn't seem that he set out looking for love or was particularly desperate for a family or children so I'm not sure it's the type of thing he reflected on and thanked his lucky stars for. Plus there was Desi. There's always the ex husband that she talked to more days than not, harassed friends about, cried over and watched home movies of. I'm not sure you would feel that lucky or even that deeply loved if you're second best and you know it. From the sound of Stu's interviews with Wanda and Frank, and that lovely comment to Paula at the funeral, he knew she was first and foremost in love with him and that's hard to settle with feeling so lucky.

I'm sure he was happy to have found someone who made him happy and I'm sure part of that was having her love but I think another part was having all the perks that came with it. That's not necessarily a bad thing. He was happy, quite ambitious in his own way and determined to make his own life out of the relationship. That's really quite healthy. Not every part of Lucy and Desi's can't stand to stop touching you, can't think of myself without you approach was healthy or in their best interest as individuals.