Lucy and Gary Photo Thread

Luvsbway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was from a TV Guide article.  Check out the caption.

1111.jpg

Ouch, judging by how young they both look this is pretty recent after the divorce. That one must have hurt Desi. Plus a lol for the very thoughtful stance and the subtle usage of the chair suggesting she's deferring to him and I'm chortling at his incredible business skills. With his sole advice they would have ben bankrupt for sure. She wears the coat perfectly though!

• Like 1

I've never seen a pic of Lucy and Gary where a big age gap was evident.  For years, Gary's YOB was given as 1917, same as Desi.  It wasn't until he died that I knew it was 1924.  Some sources say 1926!--making him 15 years younger than Lucy, technically-biologically speaking old enough to be his mother!  And just because it says 1924 on his headstone doesn't make it so.  Gracie Allen's says 1902 but sources have revealed it to be 1895, a year OLDER than George. Her "official" YOB was always 1906.  Gracie claimed her birth records were lost in the fire caused by the 1906 SF quake until somebody pointed out that the quake happened in the months before she was born. "It was a BIG fire", said Gracie.

• Like 2