Lucy and Gary Photo Thread

Luvsbway

I've never seen a pic of Lucy and Gary where a big age gap was evident.  For years, Gary's YOB was given as 1917, same as Desi.  It wasn't until he died that I knew it was 1924.  Some sources say 1926!--making him 15 years younger than Lucy, technically-biologically speaking old enough to be his mother!  And just because it says 1924 on his headstone doesn't make it so.  Gracie Allen's says 1902 but sources have revealed it to be 1895, a year OLDER than George. Her "official" YOB was always 1906.  Gracie claimed her birth records were lost in the fire caused by the 1906 SF quake until somebody pointed out that the quake happened in the months before she was born. "It was a BIG fire", said Gracie.

Which essentially means Lucy was a "cougar" well before it was the popular thing to do and not surprisingly, yet again "ahead of her time"!

All I can say is...."You GO, Girl!!" :HALKING:

• Like 1

I wonder why 6 years in the first marriage seemed to bother her but 14 in the second didn't. Was it because the age wasn't known, different time period, different place in her life?

I think thats exactly what it was. Maybe, at the time she connected with Gary, she still carried around that late thirties, early 40s image of Lucy Ricardo, and no one really followed her exact age to point out the gap. In later years, it'd be a little difficult to see the age difference at all- he starts to age just within 62-68, side burns and all. 

I've never seen a pic of Lucy and Gary where a big age gap was evident.  For years, Gary's YOB was given as 1917, same as Desi.  It wasn't until he died that I knew it was 1924.  Some sources say 1926!--making him 15 years younger than Lucy, technically-biologically speaking old enough to be his mother!  And just because it says 1924 on his headstone doesn't make it so.  Gracie Allen's says 1902 but sources have revealed it to be 1895, a year OLDER than George. Her "official" YOB was always 1906.  Gracie claimed her birth records were lost in the fire caused by the 1906 SF quake until somebody pointed out that the quake happened in the months before she was born. "It was a BIG fire", said Gracie.

lol i never knew that lol

I wonder why 6 years in the first marriage seemed to bother her but 14 in the second didn't. Was it because the age wasn't known, different time period, different place in her life?

It know it's a very interesting question. In all honestly, 15 years is a BIG age gap. The implication in Lee's book was that Gary wasn't honest about his age to Lucy and she didn't know. To me that would explain it more. I would have thought that after trying to hold one husband down who is only 6 years younger, she would have been paranoid about trying to hold down a man 15 years younger. To Gary's credit he must have hidden the age gap well as I don't know of the media ever commenting on it.  Does anyone think he was actually handsome? Certainly in his younger years Desi was unquestionably GORGEOUS but I don't Gary was too bad when he was younger. An average sort of handsome. Gary aged pretty fast though as well and wasn't so good in the later years. 

He also spent a fair amount of time showing off his gallbladder scar, but I digress. I think the only other pictures that I've seen of Lucy at the White House were during the FDR and Reagan eras. I know she was there in the 53, but wasn't she there during Carter's presidency too?

• 2 weeks later...