Here's Lucy -- The Complete Series (DVD -- March 25, 2014)

Brock

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

I love their artwork, but the lack of the DVD logo on the season 4 spine will forever haunt me.

Hey I get it, hate when things that should be aren't "consistent" I could go further and say the same spines feature LB in that gawdawful "shroud-like" dress I hate in various angles on 4 of the 6 seasons, why didn't they just continue to use shots from the same series for the other two? Now those two really "stick out", especially when grouped altogether like this as a set.  I nitpick, therefore I am! :HALKING:

THAT's the reason you look 36!

:lucyhorror:

It always bugged me that the TLS releases weren't consistent. I get that the logo changed, but that bugged me. I think season one was the most different of the bunch. Something about it.

Okay...but this thread is about HL!

:lucywow:

I'm still peeved at that black, non see through case for HL season 5.

:HALKING:

It always bugged me that the TLS releases weren't consistent. I get that the logo changed, but that bugged me. I think season one was the most different of the bunch. Something about it.

I actually loved the TLS cover motif. Yes, they used the logos for each individual season, but otherwise the template was consistent. And as clever as the menus were, I wish they'd tied in more with the cover design. I'm really big about menus and covers having a common theme.

I actually loved the TLS cover motif. Yes, they used the logos for each individual season, but otherwise the template was consistent. And as clever as the menus were, I wish they'd tied in more with the cover design. I'm really big about menus and covers having a common theme.

I think the TLS menus stayed pretty consistent. Especially from season three onward. Now, the HL menus, on the other hand, never once changed format, which was great. I will say the ILL DVD menus were not at all pleasant. I always say it was like looking into a sea of penguins for those.

Freddie2, on 04 May 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

I think the TLS menus stayed pretty consistent. Especially from season three onward. Now, the HL menus, on the other hand, never once changed format, which was great. I will say the ILL DVD menus were not at all pleasant. I always say it was like looking into a sea of penguins for those.

I'm not saying the TLS menus weren't consistent, they were. But they had no relation to the cover art in terms of color, photographs or layout. I like consistency between packaging and menus. Not to say the TLS menus weren't clever, because they were. It was a clever idea having them mimic the intros for each season; I just wish more correlation existed between the menus and packaging.

Archived