I think any who who likes to watch old tv shows and movies from the 1950s to the 1970's know this wonderful actor. He is one of those actors whose face is probably more famous then his name,   Seems like whenever an episode needed a likeable old man, they called for Burt Mustin.

I delight whenever I come across Burt, and I do wish he more appearances in both The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy.

I think any who who likes to watch old tv shows and movies from the 1950s to the 1970's know this wonderful actor. He is one of those actors whose face is probably more famous then his name,   Seems like whenever an episode needed a likeable old man, they called for Burt Mustin.

I delight whenever I come across Burt, and I do wish he more appearances in both The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy.

You're right, and it seems if Mustin (Phyllis) wasn't available, they called in J. Pat O'Malley (Maude, A Touch of Grace), both of whom saved many a now-classic sitcom scene with their incomparable timing and veteran screen presence.  

Sadly today I can't think of anyone who fills a comparable role in current day sitcoms,etc....although many could sorely use one! ;)

Archived