The Official LUCY ON BLU-RAY Thread!

WELL!

about to call it a night and watch the new I lOVE lUCY bLU rAY that is simply beautiful.!! I LOVE sitting back and hearing that annoying "CAAALL FAHR PHILLIP MOOAAAAAWWWWWWRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAIIISSS- and getting that feeling of 'I Love Lucy is starting' lol as if it were monday at 9

in th 50s. What a beautiful job. 

1150172_506692119431259_3805270908444467

• Like 2

I'm sure they realise that whatever SPECIAL FEATURES they put on is going to be the main reason lots of people will be looking to buy these.

Well that and you've never seen them cleaner, clearer, sharper or brighter anywhere ever!  What a difference it makes on a big widescreen HD display! Woohoo!!! :HALKING:

Yeah, guess you're right.  Problem is I used to watch I Love Lucy on a black and white set with those scratchy copies airing with snow and I already find the dvds I have of the series to be so superior, I just can't imagine they'd be any better.  AND at 100 bucks or more a pop, times six, they'll just have to wait a while.

Yeah, guess you're right.  Problem is I used to watch I Love Lucy on a black and white set with those scratchy copies airing with snow and I already find the dvds I have of the series to be so superior, I just can't imagine they'd be any better.  AND at 100 bucks or more a pop, times six, they'll just have to wait a while.

Well ...then ultimately someday when you do get it you will be pleasantly surprised!  As someone earlier said....BRING ON SEASON TWO!!! ;):)

I'm holding off as well, this time for a complete series set. I understand sales are important for these right now, but I just can't afford to keep buying this show over and over and over again. Usually you give it a year or so and they get marked down. I paid $175 for the complete Dick Van Dyke Show on blu-ray and it's now on sale for $60-something on Amazon right now.

Its totally understandable. If a friend looked at your DVD storage and saw all of these versions  of the same show, they'd be like....What the hell have you been doing? lolol I mean. lol Then they realize, at the time, I was supporting the show, and those behind it- and I was purchasing what was available at the time, and I was collecting, so it's quite alright- BUT-

if I put in the first set of season 1 that I bought all of 8 or 9 volumes for?- :11144684_det.jpg

Then I pop open the second DVD I bought for seasons 1:14283731_121002223000.jpg

Then take the third DVD i bought of Season 1:

2012-10-22-61FVQH55u8L._SL500_AA300_.jpe

Then take the Blu Ray-

92092_large.jpg

they will all play the same shows lol

So, you get it, when you can get it- if you can get it at the time that CBS is noticing the numbers, then fine, but they've had, what, 3, 4 ,5 other times to notice that there is a fan base, and that we will buy- so I take the Blu Ray as a fringe benefit, and not a major necessity- HOWEVER Im sure it will be a very successful Ble Ray set - once you have it, its one of the greatest things to have-

everything looks way better than you'd even THINK it could look. 

Everything is in one package, besides the I Love Lucy Movie- you really dont have to look for much else

Its loaded with stuff wed never thought we would see, and its just a very well put together Blu Ray- 

but I wouldn't beg steal or borrow to get it CONSIDERING, i have all the other sets-now- for the newer generation, who dont buy DVDs at all- and dont have the show on series- then Id say buy this first, and get the others later because this is the grand poobah lol 

But Claude, didn't you join the rest of us in getting it? Isn't it wonderful??? Im getting a copy for my aunt who has BEEN had ably ray lol long before me 

I bought all 9 volumes of season 1, I remember them coming out 2 at a time. Then they did that giant season 1 box set (the one with volumes 1-9 each in their own box, wrapped in a box). Then the slimmer season 1, with the pink box. Then again in the complete series set. And finally with the new pop art packaging. Fortunately all future seasons weren't quite as laborious. But nonetheless.

And none of this takes into account the VHS collection I had...

• Like 1

I bought all 9 volumes of season 1, I remember them coming out 2 at a time. Then they did that giant season 1 box set (the one with volumes 1-9 each in their own box, wrapped in a box). Then the slimmer season 1, with the pink box. Then again in the complete series set. And finally with the new pop art packaging. Fortunately all future seasons weren't quite as laborious. But nonetheless.

And none of this takes into account the VHS collection I had...

Boy are you preaching to the choir, Mr. H! ;):lucywow:  :lucyeww:

And how about the Beta versions, and Laserdisc?  Problem is some things came out in one format and haven't made it in another format yet, like that great Ted Turner release of 12 of her best RKO titles.

EXACTLY! And THOSE should have come out on DVD at its peak and should definitely come out now on Blu-Ray, and what with more "space" (capacity) on this amazing format, they should add the other RKO titles (e.g. Beauty for the Asking, etc.) that weren't included in the VHS set!! Now wouldn't that be cool??? ;)

I have one that can do it and they come out pretty good- they come out really good but not like the HD version of the blu ray. 

I still can't get over the details that you notice, after years of watching. 

Who KNEW, Lucy had those fishnet stockings on until now?

Which do you prefer, seeing the animated Lucy figures come out and introduce the show? or have the famous heart and satin.