The Official LUCY ON BLU-RAY Thread!

WELL!

Just curious but has anyone compared the eps in the bluray to the regular dvd?

I was comparing "The Publicity Agent" between the two and the bluray is very grainy but the dvd version looked better.

:lucyhmm:

I haven't seen the bluray, but given the nature of the format I'm not surprised. High definition transfers can reproduce the fine grain structure of film in a way DVD never could. Most film grain on DVD transfers become lost due to compression. Therefore the grain would be more pronounced on this release. It's most likely revealing what was always there but couldn't be seen before.

• Like 1

I haven't seen the bluray, but given the nature of the format I'm not surprised. High definition transfers can reproduce the fine grain structure of film in a way DVD never could. Most film grain on DVD transfers become lost due to compression. Therefore the grain would be more pronounced on this release. It's most likely revealing what was always there but couldn't be seen before.

That's what I thought.  :lucyeww:

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's more fear that sales weren't high enough to merit a season two release rather than simple impatience.

Doubtful or the guys who produced the first season wouldn't have commenced working on season TWO! :lucythrill:

Although unpleasant to wait so long betwixt each season, this release length isn't that surprising given the original releases of the season by season DVD sets were at least 6 months (or more) apart, if I recollect correctly! :vanda:

Price, price, price,  here it's STILL $99.99 at HMV, how do they expect people to shell out 600 bucks for the series, plus tax,  yet again???????

I don't know why you stick with a source that ...sticks it to you! It's available online for much, much less e.g. currently on Amazon at approx. 63% off it's retail price or $43.99, which is a STEAL for the great release it is!!! :desi1:

Season One came out in May of last year. We're three months away from May now and still no news on Season Two? :(

I can confirm that Season Two will NOT be ready by May. Sorry. Part of this is my fault: we just delivered the final elements to CBS a couple of weeks ago.  The release date has not been determined. I will certainly keep everyone posted when we know more...

I don't know why you stick with a source that ...sticks it to you! It's available online for much, much less e.g. currently on Amazon at approx. 63% off it's retail price or $43.99, which is a STEAL for the great release it is!!! :desi1:

It's not that i insist on purchasing anything THERE, it's that i will not give out my credit card number on the net, did that once and lost like a thousand bucks a month for three months in a row until i just cancelled my card.  Now i'm leery of going through that again.

I can confirm that Season Two will NOT be ready by May. Sorry. Part of this is my fault: we just delivered the final elements to CBS a couple of weeks ago.  The release date has not been determined. I will certainly keep everyone posted when we know more...

We'll be patient, your great work takes time, we know that.  Thanks again for your incredible work in keeping the Lucy legacy alive and well.  Just saw footage of two of your Loving Lucy conventions and well, your work for those was absolutely wonderful.

• Like 1

It's not that i insist on purchasing anything THERE, it's that i will not give out my credit card number on the net, did that once and lost like a thousand bucks a month for three months in a row until i just cancelled my card.  Now i'm leery of going through that again.

In that case I don't blame you but there are ways around that as I'm sure Amazon, being the behemoth it is (if they don't have it, I doubt anybody does!!) also accepts checks, cashiers or personal and/or money orders; or what I would do if I were you -- if they have them there, that is -- is buy a Visa/MC "gift" card -- many have a nominal service fee to activate them -- and "load" it with whatever amount you want to apply to your purchases.  That way, you'd have something that acts just like a debit card but there's no way you could lose any more than the dollar amount you obtain it for.  We have these and other gift cards at practically every grocery store, drug store and heck even many gas stations here.  Howz about you?? :peachonthebeach:

• Like 1

In that case I don't blame you but there are ways around that as I'm sure Amazon, being the behemoth it is (if they don't have it, I doubt anybody does!!) also accepts checks, cashiers or personal and/or money orders; or what I would do if I were you -- if they have them there, that is -- is buy a Visa/MC "gift" card -- many have a nominal service fee to activate them -- and "load" it with whatever amount you want to apply to your purchases.  That way, you'd have something that acts just like a debit card but there's no way you could lose any more than the dollar amount you obtain it for.  We have these and other gift cards at practically every grocery store, drug store and heck even many gas stations here.  Howz about you?? :peachonthebeach:

Great idea, thanks, right now i just keep postponing my purchases till bubbela is living with me, he knows how to do these things and even gets loads of stuff on E Bay.

• 4 weeks later...