The Official LUCY ON BLU-RAY Thread!

WELL!

Hello Everyone....

The Lucy S1 Blu-ray has been nominated for "Best Older TV Show on Disc" by Home Media Magazine.  I’d to ask all of you fans to please vote for it at the link below:

Thanks so much!

Tom Watson's already started a thread on that and some of us have already voted.

Got it today, as HMV finally lowered their ridiculous 99.99 price to a more reasonable 61.99, i spoke to the manager.  Now any word on season two?

No, other than Tom's post that he had just recently turned in the elements to CBS in order for them to begin producing the discs.  My guess given that info would be a late summer/early fall release so I'm hoping we hear "news" on sites such as Amazon and TVShowsOnDVD.com for a possible release date SOON!!!! :peachonthebeach:

• Like 1

No, other than Tom's post that he had just recently turned in the elements to CBS in order for them to begin producing the discs.  My guess given that info would be a late summer/early fall release so I'm hoping we hear "news" on sites such as Amazon and TVShowsOnDVD.com for a possible release date SOON!!!! :peachonthebeach:

But at least we know Tom worked on it, CBS has it and season two is on the way.  HMV only had the one copy and they've had it since it came out, i bought it today and the manager wondered if that meant we shouldn't hold our breath for season two, i told her i thought the man who produced it had told us he was working on it, thanks for confirming.  The manager is a big Lucy fan and even named her daughter Lucy, and today she told me she HAD the Christmas episode that was supposed to be a Target exclusive.  So if they pull the same stunt next year, i can be sure of getting it anyway at HMV.

So NOW you get it, huh? Were we right, or were we right?? Isn't it STUNNING??? :HALKING:

Oh i got it a long time ago, i have at least 30 Blu Ray movies now, compared to 3000 movies and tv shows on dvd.  I buy them when they are at incredibly low prices.  I agree that the picture is just stunning, but HD tv's play into it too, the picture you get nowadays has never been clearer, like i said before, you see every flaw on every face, maybe a mite too clear sometimes, LOL!  If Lucy and the gang are smiling, i can tell if they have plaque or a cavity.  I recently told a relative that they should not go without a new TV and it's unbelievable picture, we're lucky enough to be of this generation who now can enjoy a clear picture that makes you think you are there in the action, and yet when we first saw these shows, it was on a grainy, antenna connected snowy small picture where you could not tell it was cheap cardboard cutouts but rather the images look like they are part of one's living room.  Stunning indeed.

• Like 1

I didn't think i'd give much of a HOOT about the wardrobe tests but i think they were my favorite thing on the Blu Ray.  So sweet to see the love between them and how great the clothes look UP CLOSE as opposed to on the show.  Over the years i've heard the know it alls on Fashion Police talk about THIS DRESS LOOKED SO MUCH BETTER IN PERSON THAN THE WAY IT PHOTOGRAPHED.  Now i know what they mean, the TESTS show us clothes that looked ordinary on the show but look sensational on the TESTS.  Especially that bathrobe in Lucy thinks Ricky is trying to murder her which looks like crap on the show but incredibly beautiful in the tests.

I never thought I'd care about seeing original commercials. When collecting other yet-to-be released shows, I don't care if the commercials are in tact. But there's something about seeing I LOVE LUCY exactly and completely as it was originally aired that's indescribably exciting. It's as if it's 1952 all over again. Really looking forward to the remaining Blu-ray releases. 

I never thought I'd care about seeing original commercials. When collecting other yet-to-be released shows, I don't care if the commercials are in tact. But there's something about seeing I LOVE LUCY exactly and completely as it was originally aired that's indescribably exciting. It's as if it's 1952 all over again. Really looking forward to the remaining Blu-ray releases. 

Imagine how I felt, i saw most of those original commercials.

Did you dust recently?

Yes i did, but i think the clarity might be due to FIBE as opposed to the satellite i used to watch before.  The picture is definitely C L E A R E R !  Now, on the disc, when they say this version or that version, i found no difference at all while watching both, was there one that escaped me?