The Official LUCY ON BLU-RAY Thread!

WELL!

I realize  that some of the little things -- like the ads, show bumpers, etc., are not everyone's cup of tea, which is why for the Blu-ray we want to offer things two ways: "plain or peanut," as the candy company used to say...

It was while in search for some of these little odds-and-ends that we discovered some rather nice treasures -- including the Lucy/Desi Make-up Tests. We were looking for old commercial wrap-arounds that morning... We had no idea as to what we would find... So often times one thing leads to another. If we had be satisfied with just the "plain" heart versions of the shows, we would not have looked any further...

Which is the magic of research!

Yeah, i've said that before here, i wasn't looking forward to those make up tests but they were the absolute best part of the Blu Ray.

I realize  that some of the little things -- like the ads, show bumpers, etc., are not everyone's cup of tea, which is why for the Blu-ray we want to offer things two ways: "plain or peanut," as the candy company used to say...

It was while in search for some of these little odds-and-ends that we discovered some rather nice treasures -- including the Lucy/Desi Make-up Tests. We were looking for old commercial wrap-arounds that morning... We had no idea as to what we would find... So often times one thing leads to another. If we had be satisfied with just the "plain" heart versions of the shows, we would not have looked any further...

Which is the magic of research!

I apologize again, my mistake, you were right, and i was totally wrong.  E V E R Y T H I N G you've accomplished with all Lucy product is beyond perfect, flawless and terrific to watch.

• Like 1

ILoveLucy_S2_BLU_e.jpg

I Love Lucy - 'The Ultimate Season 2' Blu-ray Disc Set is Announced!
5-BD set from CBS/Paramount will tickle your high-def funnybone this July

Posted by David Lambert
blackpixel.gif4/20/2015

• There's more to love on Blu-ray! You've loved and laughed at Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel for years - but you've never seen I Love Lucy like this on glorious high-definition Blu-ray. Highly collectible Blu-ray set! Includes every episode from the second season, beautifully restored in high definition, in original night-of-broadcast form with original sponsor openings and closings.

Great special features, many never before released on DVD! Audio commentary on the classic "Job Switching" (aka "Chocolate Factory") episode. A newly-colorized version of "Job Switching." Scenes from "Stars in the Eye," a CBS special from November, 1952, featuring the I Love Lucy cast. An I Love Lucy comedy sketch originally presented on "The Red Skelton Show" from May, 1953. A French-Canadian version of "Job Switching," including unique opening and closing graphics and French-Canadian audio track. Special gloss packaging; this makes the perfect gift for any classic TV fan!

After a year-long wait since the first season's "ultimate" BD release, CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution have at last announced a July 14th street date for the highly-anticipated high-definition release of I Love Lucy - The Ultimate Season 2 on Blu-ray Disc. This 5-disc set will include bonus materials as mentioned in the studio description quoted above, focusing mainly on the season's legendary 4th episode, "Job Switching," which takes place on a chocolate candy factory's assembly line. Early package cover art can be seen below, but may not be finalized and could be subject to change. Pricing hasn't been revealed yet, but we'll update you with that as soon as we know.

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Love-Lucy-Season-2-Blu-ray/21003#ixzz3XtqvPjxf

• Like 1

5b49ba.jpg

Tom, if CBS wants an idea of how LWL could play on home video, you may show them this :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!  I have the original dvd sets of ILL, the complete series set of ILL, the recent individual releases of ILL, the season sets of The Lucy Show, the season sets of Here's Lucy and S1 of ILL BlueRay.  I am sooo hoping LWL comes to dvd.  :)

• Like 1

ILoveLucy_S2_BLU_e.jpg

I Love Lucy - 'The Ultimate Season 2' Blu-ray Disc Set is Announced!

5-BD set from CBS/Paramount will tickle your high-def funnybone this July

Posted by David Lambert

blackpixel.gif4/20/2015

• There's more to love on Blu-ray! You've loved and laughed at Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel for years - but you've never seen I Love Lucy like this on glorious high-definition Blu-ray. Highly collectible Blu-ray set! Includes every episode from the second season, beautifully restored in high definition, in original night-of-broadcast form with original sponsor openings and closings.

Great special features, many never before released on DVD! Audio commentary on the classic "Job Switching" (aka "Chocolate Factory") episode. A newly-colorized version of "Job Switching." Scenes from "Stars in the Eye," a CBS special from November, 1952, featuring the I Love Lucy cast. An I Love Lucy comedy sketch originally presented on "The Red Skelton Show" from May, 1953. A French-Canadian version of "Job Switching," including unique opening and closing graphics and French-Canadian audio track. Special gloss packaging; this makes the perfect gift for any classic TV fan!

After a year-long wait since the first season's "ultimate" BD release, CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution have at last announced a July 14th street date for the highly-anticipated high-definition release of I Love Lucy - The Ultimate Season 2 on Blu-ray Disc. This 5-disc set will include bonus materials as mentioned in the studio description quoted above, focusing mainly on the season's legendary 4th episode, "Job Switching," which takes place on a chocolate candy factory's assembly line. Early package cover art can be seen below, but may not be finalized and could be subject to change. Pricing hasn't been revealed yet, but we'll update you with that as soon as we know.

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Love-Lucy-Season-2-Blu-ray/21003#ixzz3XtqvPjxf

What's this about a French Canadian this or other?????

Thanks RS!

Interesting cover for the blu-ray. First orange, now brown. Is the earth-toned/warm color scheme going to be a trend? Or is it just brown for the chocolates?

The extras sound fantastic! Who provided the audio commentary?

Am wondering if its "lifted" from the Criterion Laser Disc audio commentary?? if memory serves, the late great Bart Andrews as well as Bob & Madelyn (and maybe even Bill Asher?? recorded a commentary track to be played as an "alernate" track for this episode, one of the two that comprised the disc (have it but haven't had a machine in ages to be able to check the accuracy of this, sorry!!(  :lucywow: 

Am wondering if its "lifted" from the Criterion Laser Disc audio commentary?? if memory serves, the late great Bart Andrews as well as Bob & Madelyn (and maybe even Bill Asher?? recorded a commentary track to be played as an "alernate" track for this episode, one of the two that comprised the disc (have it but haven't had a machine in ages to be able to check the accuracy of this, sorry!!(  :lucywow:

Yes, Joe... The "Job Switching" commentary is the one produced by Bart Andrews and featured on the Criterion Collection LaserDisc.  Bob and Madelyn and Bill Asher are included along with stage manager Herb Browar -- and, of course, Bart himself... I am so happy we were able to present this one (and the ones on Season One) again... I wish Bart had done more.  But, of course,  there was no outlet for these things back then (1991)...

How exciting! Especially for this Red Skelton sketch! I've never even heard of it before, which is odd because Red and Lucy are two of my biggest heroes. I think I have every ILL reference that Red made on his show burned into my memory. Of course I love duBarry and the comedy hour and all that, but this is SUPER exciting! Two questions regarding cover art: This one, as the other, looks especially nice, but it seems different. Like less of a painting and more of colorizing a picture of Lucy. Is it by the same artist? Secondly, will the background on the official be solid brown? I don't have my copy at hand, but it seems like there's a bit of a pattern or fade or something with the yellow background. Also, will the movie be included next season? And finally, have we started work on season three yet?

How exciting! Especially for this Red Skelton sketch! I've never even heard of it before, which is odd because Red and Lucy are two of my biggest heroes. I think I have every ILL reference that Red made on his show burned into my memory. Of course I love duBarry and the comedy hour and all that, but this is SUPER exciting! Two questions regarding cover art: This one, as the other, looks especially nice, but it seems different. Like less of a painting and more of colorizing a picture of Lucy. Is it by the same artist? Secondly, will the background on the official be solid brown? I don't have my copy at hand, but it seems like there's a bit of a pattern or fade or something with the yellow background. Also, will the movie be included next season? And finally, have we started work on season three yet?

I can answer one of these....the Movie will be included on this set...season 2...in HD.  Somehow that was overlooked in the press release.

• Like 1