Doris Day (NOT dead) to Do Radio Interview

HarryCarter

Doris Day will be doing a rare radio interview on Jonathan Schwartz's radio show that will air on Sirius and WNYC in New York. The interview will air at 1:30 in the afternoon tomorrow, October 30 and Sunday, October 31 and can be listened to online.

New York - A new, one-hour interview with legendary singer and actress Doris Day is slated to air on Sirius Satellite Radio and WNYC on Sunday October 31 at 1:30 p.m. ET.

Jonathan Schwartz, host of "High Standards" on Sirius Satellite Radio's Siriusly Sinatra channel 73 and his own show on WNYC, announced the interview he recently conducted with Ms. Day will be simulcast near the mid-point of his weekly four-hour Sunday show, 12-4pm ET.

Schwartz, a long-time New York radio presence, former artistic director of Lincoln Center's American Songbook and diehard jazz fan, was thrilled when Ms. Day agreed to speak with him Sept. 23 about her life, her singing career, and her work with Frank Sinatra. Ms. Day taped the interview via phone patch from her Carmel Valley, Calif., home. The interview, which was originally planned to be 30 minutes or less, stretched beyond the one-hour mark as Doris told one great story after the next.

"It was great fun to recall all those memories," Day said after the interview had ended. "I'm always so happy to tell stories to my fans and friends. I hope they enjoy it, too!"

Fans outside of WNYC's broadcast area can catch the interview on Saturday Oct. 30 and Sunday Oct. 31 at 1:30pm ET online by visiting the WNYC website and clicking the "Listen Now" button on the right side of the page.

DorisDay.com

Oh i'd love to hear that interview, i'd say that after Lucy, Doris is my all time favorite entertainer, she can do it all and better than anyone else, a true superstar and quite a decent human being to match. I was thinking about her just a few days ago wondering if she'll ever do a tv interview or attempt any project in entertainment.

• 5 months later...

Today is Doris's birthday and to celebrate the occasion she will be doing a radio interview tomorrow in her native Carmel, California. Unforunately, it will not be live streamed, but the interview will be posted on DorisDay.com. Doris claims that she's 86, but it appears she was born in 1922, which would make her 89.

Here's a print interview with her:

Doris

Today is Doris's birthday and to celebrate the occasion she will be doing a radio interview tomorrow in her native Carmel, California. Unforunately, it will not be live streamed, but the interview will be posted on DorisDay.com. Doris claims that she's 86, but it appears she was born in 1922, which would make her 89.

Here's a print interview with her:

Doris

Can't wait to listen to it, how about that, a beauty like her worried about lying about her age. I dun't care if she's really 102, she looks much much younger and HER i might pay a thousand bucks to see in Jamestown.

Can't wait to listen to it, how about that, a beauty like her worried about lying about her age. I dun't care if she's really 102, she looks much much younger and HER i might pay a thousand bucks to see in Jamestown.

Me, too, Claude: However, in re-reading the press release, it seems to me to say the meeting of Rivers will be available to those who join with a $1000 membership...I'm doing some checking; will get back to all, as well as a cuppla other things you were inquisitive about lately. Give me a day or two....Love, JK

Me, too, Claude: However, in re-reading the press release, it seems to me to say the meeting of Rivers will be available to those who join with a $1000 membership...I'm doing some checking; will get back to all, as well as a cuppla other things you were inquisitive about lately. Give me a day or two....Love, JK

Oh, well that makes more sense then. I've seen three of Joan Rivers' shows here in Montreal, one was for charity and i got to meet her afterwards, but all she said was hello as she shook my hand, no banalities were exchanged. I would only have praised her talk show skills when Lucy was a guest.

Oh, well that makes more sense then. I've seen three of Joan Rivers' shows here in Montreal, one was for charity and i got to meet her afterwards, but all she said was hello as she shook my hand, no banalities were exchanged. I would only have praised her talk show skills when Lucy was a guest.

I'm thinking that the Center is desperate for 'new memberships' - they are the mainstay of the Museum et al. Also, we need to be mindful that, even though expensive, the Gift Shop is what keeps the overhead paid.

The ambitious project for the Birthday Bash weekend seems very busy, indeed. I hope folks will consider coming to Jamestown.

We all are aware Jamestown 'natives' give very little attention to Lucille and Desi - they are just 'the kids' of this town; they don't cause any trouble; so, they get little attention.

It's the 'world' of fans who keep the Museum afloat -

for an example, the Post-Journal has a Question of the Day: Day before yesterday's was: Is the Creation of a Comedy Hall of Fame in Jamestown a good idea?

The replies: YES 56% - NO 44% [of course, maybe only 20 people voted; I have no way of KNOWING....] but, it all comes down to $$ and the people from 'out-of-town' who bring that stuff in here. Times are tough all over; getting better; and saving for the 100th Birthday Bash, since there is NO May Festival this year, is a great way to do it.

It would also be embarrassing, as hell, to have only 20 people in audience for Rivers!!!! Too bad Carol Burnett didn't shake up her agency and get permission to come here - now, THAT would have been a great tribute to Lucille.... Plus, she has 'promised' to try and find a way to get here.... yeh, right!!!!

for an example, the Post-Journal has a Question of the Day: Day before yesterday's was: Is the Creation of a Comedy Hall of Fame in Jamestown a good idea?

The replies: YES 56% - NO 44% [of course, maybe only 20 people voted; I have no way of KNOWING....] but, it all comes down to $$ and the people from 'out-of-town' who bring that stuff in here. Times are tough all over; getting better; and saving for the 100th Birthday Bash, since there is NO May Festival this year, is a great way to do it.

That is puzzling. Why would anybody vote no? What other revitalization projects does the Town have on the go? I mean no disrespect but I've been to Jamestown when there were no Lucy events going on whatsoever and it wasn't exactly bustling. You could have rolled a bowling ball down the Town's busiest sidewalks and not hit a soul.

It would also be embarrassing, as hell, to have only 20 people in audience for Rivers!!!! Too bad Carol Burnett didn't shake up her agency and get permission to come here - now, THAT would have been a great tribute to Lucille.... Plus, she has 'promised' to try and find a way to get here.... yeh, right!!!!

I have always had the feeling that if Carol had any intention of going to Jamestown she would have done so years ago... :(

I'm thinking that the Center is desperate for 'new memberships' - they are the mainstay of the Museum et al. Also, we need to be mindful that, even though expensive, the Gift Shop is what keeps the overhead paid.

The ambitious project for the Birthday Bash weekend seems very busy, indeed. I hope folks will consider coming to Jamestown.

We all are aware Jamestown 'natives' give very little attention to Lucille and Desi - they are just 'the kids' of this town; they don't cause any trouble; so, they get little attention.

It's the 'world' of fans who keep the Museum afloat -

Please splain that line about her AGENCY and PERMISSION to come. She's a slave now?

Please splain that line about her AGENCY and PERMISSION to come. She's a slave now?

The AGENCY would be those people who 'own' her - her AGENTS; and they would have to agree to her schedule to come to Jamestown. I remember some p.r. about a letter she wrote to the Museum hierarchy several years ago, sending and donating the Lucille Ball episodes of her appearances on Carol's show to the Museum; that 'should my schedule allow me; I shall come to Jamestown'.... so, it must be written in her 'contract', that she is, in fact, a slave.... just sayin'....

In defense of Jamestown, and I'll only say this:

NOT EVERYONE IS FROM A GIGANTIC, CENTER-OF-THE-WORLD CITY!

Lucille CERTAINLY wasn't;

..... and we are 'roots-growers' here:

Lucille Ball;

John James Audobon;

Roger Tory Peterson;

Robert H. Jackson; Supreme Court Justice, presided over Nuremberg trials;

Walter Washington - Mayor,

Washington, D.C.;

James Prendergast - early founder of Jamestown/Chautauqua Lake, etc;

Reuben Fenton - Governor of NY);

Marmaduke author/artist - I forget his name: Brad something,

sorry, Brad; don't have time to research

you right now [Anderson, maybe];

as well as many others whom I've forgotten to mention are FROM, or grew up in; or lived in, Jamestown and area; not to leave out the little girl [Grace Bedell] who wrote President Lincoln and asked him to grow a beard - was from Westfield, I believe, some 40 miles away, or less.

CELORON was the 'hub' of 'civilization as folk knew it' turn of the last century, from whenst Lucille was born a mere 11 years later; with the notoriety of the Beautiful Lake; the trolley tracks around which; the gigantic steamers up and down the Lake; and, of course, Celoron Park, the 'Coney Island' of its day, or whatever that famous park is in NYC.... I forget that, too! CRS these days, settling in....

Your crack about bowling ball down the middle of the road: my husband and a cuppla his buddies, many years ago, did JUST THAT! Chautauqua County, however, is an aging (buildings as well as citizens) population; trying to make a comeback; and all cities need tourism as their mainstay.

God, I do go on, don't I? I think I'll run for Mayor - well, that would mean moving again; won't do THAT; next time I plan to move is in a large box!!

Love, JK

The AGENCY would be those people who 'own' her - her AGENTS; and they would have to agree to her schedule to come to Jamestown. I remember some p.r. about a letter she wrote to the Museum hierarchy several years ago, sending and donating the Lucille Ball episodes of her appearances on Carol's show to the Museum; that 'should my schedule allow me; I shall come to Jamestown'.... so, it must be written in her 'contract', that she is, in fact, a slave.... just sayin'....

In defense of Jamestown, and I'll only say this:

NOT EVERYONE IS FROM A GIGANTIC, CENTER-OF-THE-WORLD CITY!

Lucille CERTAINLY wasn't;

..... and we are 'roots-growers' here:

Lucille Ball;

John James Audobon;

Roger Tory Peterson;

Robert H. Jackson; Supreme Court Justice, presided over Nuremberg trials;

Walter Washington - Mayor,

Washington, D.C.;

James Prendergast - early founder of Jamestown/Chautauqua Lake, etc;

Reuben Fenton - Governor of NY);

Marmaduke author/artist - I forget his name: Brad something,

sorry, Brad; don't have time to research

you right now [Anderson, maybe];

as well as many others whom I've forgotten to mention are FROM, or grew up in; or lived in, Jamestown and area; not to leave out the little girl [Grace Bedell] who wrote President Lincoln and asked him to grow a beard - was from Westfield, I believe, some 40 miles away, or less.

CELORON was the 'hub' of 'civilization as folk knew it' turn of the last century, from whenst Lucille was born a mere 11 years later; with the notoriety of the Beautiful Lake; the trolley tracks around which; the gigantic steamers up and down the Lake; and, of course, Celoron Park, the 'Coney Island' of its day, or whatever that famous park is in NYC.... I forget that, too! CRS these days, settling in....

Your crack about bowling ball down the middle of the road: my husband and a cuppla his buddies, many years ago, did JUST THAT! Chautauqua County, however, is an aging (buildings as well as citizens) population; trying to make a comeback; and all cities need tourism as their mainstay.

God, I do go on, don't I? I think I'll run for Mayor - well, that would mean moving again; won't do THAT; next time I plan to move is in a large box!!

Love, JK

Please Joyce, Carol's not exactly working non stop right now, i don't see how a trip to Jamestown for a few days would be such a problem or that she'd have handlers stopping her from doing it.

Please Joyce, Carol's not exactly working non stop right now, i don't see how a trip to Jamestown for a few days would be such a problem or that she'd have handlers stopping her from doing it.

Maybe you should write her a letter, and ask.... :marionstrong:

This is NOT as OUTRAGEOUS as it sounds....Love, JK

Maybe you should write her a letter, and ask.... :marionstrong:

This is NOT as OUTRAGEOUS as it sounds....Love, JK

I refuse to believe that Carol who has practically nothing on her plate right now as almost all older actresses lack work, would have a problem getting to Jamestown if she really wanted to go, i can understand her not going because it's just not worth her time, so few people show up for these EVENTS there. But don't get me wrong, i worship Carol and do not blame her for not wanting to go, i just refuse to think that her HANDLERS are the ones stopping her. Maybe they're just telling her she'd be a fool to stoop to wasting her time attending such events. Her latest book alone would have been a great reason for a stop there.

• 4 months later...

Archived