The Ranch

Luvsbway

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Came across this pic on Ebay.  The writing on the back of the photo helps to explain the one below it.  We were wondering why there was a crib in the second photo.  The description basically says the baby bonnet is Pam's and that she was 10 months old and was spending 2 months with her aunt. The date on the photo is March 29, 1944.  So now this makes sense.

chest.jpg

move2.jpg

If you could choose any of Lucy's homes to live in which would you pick. Definelty more value in her later homes but the ranch is homey and beautiful. I was never a fan of the 60s/70s decor. The ranch may have been older but got the look just right in my opinion.

If you could choose any of Lucy's homes to live in which would you pick. Definelty more value in her later homes but the ranch is homey and beautiful. I was never a fan of the 60s/70s decor. The ranch may have been older but got the look just right in my opinion.

I'm the elder statesman of this group; so, I would have been happy, since I was raised in the 40's, & 50's, to be in her initial Hollywood home she borrowed money, allegedly from George Raft, to house Mom, 'Daddy', and Cleo; would have been perfectly happy there.  SPLASH is just not my thing; although I wouldn't mind being rich!!!!

Yeah, it's in one of the Lucy books, but that was the Ogden street one, she even mentions that she did pay him back eventually.  Funny when they say they could not come up with the down payment for the San Fernando ranchetto, they had to really pool their resources to secure that one, Lucy of course saved every penny she ever made while Desi spent everything he had.

I think Desi said he could NOT come up with the down payment, and had difficulty getting the amount together.  Seems the guy selling the lots wanted to get some big celebrities to come in so he could sell them all to regular people afterwards.  Anyway, they eventually found the money and this had to be the best investment ever and the RANCH turned out to be the most beautiful home ever, for that time, for it's homey feeling alone and lush surroundings.

Archived