The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread (Vol. 4)

Brock

Well, it figures that seeing as Lucy was a no nonsense direct person, she would admire that trait in anybody else.  Trudy was a true gem of a person, I'm happy Lucy got one person around her at the end who looked out for her and did her job perfectly.  Wasn't Trudy the one who once said she tried to contact Lucy in hospital and wasn't put through as she was considered NOT FAMILY?

I  love that purple dress.  What a classy piece.  Lucy looks 15 years younger in that shot.  I love the Hasty pudding ones and the one with Trudy.  She looks so happy and having fun.  The cooking one of Gary and her is great too what fun to see their normal, quiet side.  What a great find though some of those pictures aren't Lucy's best. 

Yeah, Lucy saved HER glamor for the screen.  I'm looking at Lucy with the big fan, not Stern, but the paper variety, and I have to wonder, seeing as so many shots of the house show the windows open, did they not have air conditioning in that house?

I don't think they did have AC.  I think I read that somewhere.

Nice pics, is Lucy the fourth from the left in the group picture in the middle?

Lucy is actually 8th from the right in the dark suit, in between Harpo and Fred Astaire.

Here's a larger shot of the War Bond group and participants:

WardBondTourGroup.jpg

War Bond Tour. They are, left to right, James Cagney, Mickey Rooney, Margie Stewart, Dorothy Merritt, Kay Kyser, Doris Merrick, Paul Henried, Greer Garson, Edward Buzzell, Betty Hutton, Kathryn Grayson, Jose Iturbi, Rosemary LaPlanche, Harpo Marx, Lucille Ball, Fred Astaire, Georgia Carroll, Harry Babbitt, Diane Pendleton, Ruth Bardy, Muriel Goodspeed and Dick Powell.