Sign in to follow this  
Brock

The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread (Vol. 4)

rickee    88

Do you know what train station this is? Union Station in LA?

On September 15, 1943 the Third War Loan Drive came to Cincinnati as the stars arrived at the Cincinnati Union Terminal which still stands today.

Brock    3,317

So, which came first -- the chicken or the egg? We all know the story Viv and Lucy told about being ambushed at Roxbury by people filing through the house as they gave themselves new hairdos and, at the end, it turned out to be the King of Siam...

Well, here's Lucy and Bob Hope with said King -- and Queen Sirikit, both of whom are still reining over in Thailand. Were Lucy and Viv colouring things just a little bit? Did Lucy forget that shortly after this picture was taken, she invited them over for a coffee? Was King Bhumibol so impressed with Lucy he decided to crash The Facts of Life set after crashing Roxbury? Hmm... !

$_57.JPG

C L A U D E    2,006

Remember Zsa Zsa's facial spression when she heard Lucy tell the story on Dinah.  I've always been skeptical of that one, like they didn't recognize her when touring the house, did they think the two were maids?

Taylor    427

Remember Zsa Zsa's facial spression when she heard Lucy tell the story on Dinah.  I've always been skeptical of that one, like they didn't recognize her when touring the house, did they think the two were maids?

Yes, apparently they thought they were the help. They were dressed down, probably no makeup, just hanging out. I could see some foreigner thinking they weren't Lucy and Viv, TV Stars.

C L A U D E    2,006

Well, I think the King might have trouble identifying the real Lucy on To Tell The Truth then.  MY NAME IS LUCILLE GOLDAPPER.  My name is Diane Belmont.  MY name is Lucy Arnaz, Vice President of Desilu.

rickee    88

Costume designer Omar Kiam in center is surrounded by some of the Goldwyn girls:  Mary Lange, Vivian Keefer, LB, Bonnie Bannon and Jane Hamilton.

Shot in May of 1934.

And let the polka dots begin!

124.jpg