Sign in to follow this  
Brock

The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread (Vol. 4)

Luvsbway    1,940
1 hour ago, HarryCarter said:

image.jpeg

Do we have a rare, absolutely no makeup photo? Maybe not as those eyebrows look penciled. Lips?? 

• Like 1

Neil    1,276
On 11/30/2017 at 3:03 PM, Brock said:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

"The Road to Button Bay" a show about the Girl Scouts (or Camp Fire Girls)  aired before "Opening Night" in 1962----if my TV Guide perusing memory is correct. 

JoeySoCal    999
On 9/18/2018 at 3:22 PM, Luvsbway said:

Do we have a rare, absolutely no makeup photo? Maybe not as those eyebrows look penciled. Lips?? 

I find her so naturally beautiful here I wish she'd appeared more often THIS way!! Do we have any idea what year this was taken? I really can't discern her approximate age here and I think that's part of its charm! MORE! :lucywow:

HarryCarter    964
2 minutes ago, JoeySoCal said:

I find her so naturally beautiful here I wish she'd appeared more often THIS way!! Do we have any idea what year this was taken? I really can't discern her approximate age here and I think that's part of its charm! MORE! :lucywow:

This was 1961, in Jamaica during her Wildcat hiatus. 

Luvsbway    1,940

Trying to match up some dates. Paula says her, Lucy, Gary, Jack were in Miami for a short time while Lucy rested. Then the show went on a hiatus and Lucy, kids, DeDe go to Jamaica. Was that in March? I always thought it was Feb.  So Miami was Feb?

Luvsbway    1,940

Another observation on the beach pic. Lucy often seemed to push her bangs back while sunning herself or hanging out by the water. I wonder if she didn't like the bangs getting sweaty or if she was preventing a tan line.

• Like 1

HarryCarter    964
2 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

Trying to match up some dates. Paula says her, Lucy, Gary, Jack were in Miami for a short time while Lucy rested. Then the show went on a hiatus and Lucy, kids, DeDe go to Jamaica. Was that in March? I always thought it was Feb.  So Miami was Feb?

Miami was February. Jamaica was the last week of March. Before she got ill and took a two week vacation in February, Lucy had already arranged to close Wildcat the week of Easter so she could take the kids to Jamaica. She later said she had a terrible time. She went there to relax and didn't know they had a war going on. 

Luvsbway    1,940
8 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

Miami was February. Jamaica was the last week of March. Before she got ill and took a two week vacation in February, Lucy had already arranged to close Wildcat the week of Easter so she could take the kids to Jamaica. She later said she had a terrible time. She went there to relax and didn't know they had a war going on. 

Thanks. I think Paula mentions March being around Easter. This also helps me date that letter Lucy wrote Gary from Jamaica and where their relationship was at that time.

Luvsbway    1,940

I saw that top one last night. So was this hanging at Gimbles touting how Lucy got her dress from the club show at a bargin? I needed to know more about this.