The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread (Vol. 4)

Brock

Yeah, well, stupid time of year to go THERE, dontcha thin?  But surprise, it was raining and not snowing.

I'm thinking the Arnazes chose that time of year; after all, it was THEIR FILM, THEIR WORLD PREMIERE! 

Would love to hear about it, though; not opinion, the real reason......

My guess:  Lucille loved the change of seasons - Maybe she wanted to show Desi what winter is in her hometown!   In any event, an unusual early spring that year - not what we get nowadays - winter; summer; autumn;  then, winter again (winter=5 months here of recent years)!!!!

I'm thinking the Arnazes chose that time of year; after all, it was THEIR FILM, THEIR WORLD PREMIERE! 

Would love to hear about it, though; not opinion, the real reason......

My guess:  Lucille loved the change of seasons - Maybe she wanted to show Desi what winter is in her hometown!   In any event, an unusual early spring that year - not what we get nowadays - winter; summer; autumn;  then, winter again (winter=5 months here of recent years)!!!!

Nah, i think it was just the studio DICTATING the Premiere and they didn't even have a choice in the matter, and maybe having the Preem THERE was also not their wish, who knows?  Very nice gimmick though.  From what i hear and read, she didn't go THERE that often.  When they were going to give her some honor in Buffalo, she even died so as to not make that gig.  Said in jest but might be a little truth in there.

Nah, i think it was just the studio DICTATING the Premiere and they didn't even have a choice in the matter, and maybe having the Preem THERE was also not their wish, who knows?  Very nice gimmick though.  From what i hear and read, she didn't go THERE that often.  When they were going to give her some honor in Buffalo, she even died so as to not make that gig.  Said in jest but might be a little truth in there.

The award was a Jamestown Community College honor....

Lucille got here many times; she had many childhood friends who still lived here at the time (probably, as Lucille is, gone by now!) , who not only visited her in California, or vice versa, but, to whom she was VERY loyal  - not to see the a-hs (there's that word again, Joey!!) who held her childhood 'history' against her.

The award was a Jamestown Community College honor....

Lucille got here many times; she had many childhood friends who still lived here at the time (probably, as Lucille is, gone by now!) , who not only visited her in California, or vice versa, but, to whom she was VERY loyal  - not to see the a-hs (there's that word again, Joey!!) who held her childhood 'history' against her.

Maybe that's just jealousy or something.  Anyhoo, as you know as i sent you my copy of his book Lucy in the afternoon, wasn't it him who said he saw Lucy in a dream and she said she had left this word as she did not want to travel there, probably not even true but a great close for his book.

This picture might be my favorite from this whole photo shoot. I need this picture framed. 

lucy11_zpsrcibk5g7.jpg

The one area where you and i disagree totally, it's a lovely picture but Lucy NEVER would have wanted unretouched pictures to adorn the walls of her fans.  Although i guess it makes you a REAL adoring fan to love her wrinkles and all, love ya for that.  And probably the reason she does cameos in YOUR dreams.