The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread (Vol. 4)

Brock

I'm thinking the Arnazes chose that time of year; after all, it was THEIR FILM, THEIR WORLD PREMIERE! 

Would love to hear about it, though; not opinion, the real reason......

My guess:  Lucille loved the change of seasons - Maybe she wanted to show Desi what winter is in her hometown!   In any event, an unusual early spring that year - not what we get nowadays - winter; summer; autumn;  then, winter again (winter=5 months here of recent years)!!!!

You've stolen our winter!  Not that it ever gets that cold her in SoCal, but during the winter we're supposed to get about five days a month of hard, heavy rain.  Now we hardly get any rain during our so-called rainy season, mostly just drought.  Our rain is now your excess snow.  And our taps are running dry.

You've stolen our winter!  Not that it ever gets that cold her in SoCal, but during the winter we're supposed to get about five days a month of hard, heavy rain.  Now we hardly get any rain during our so-called rainy season, mostly just drought.  Our rain is now your excess snow.  And our taps are running dry.

Desi jr's wedding was in one of those monsoons of yours, tink you veddy many.

And yet, here's this photo in all its approved glory.

And how do you KNOW S H E approved it?  Had she given up on her looks at that stage?  Maybe she read those Queen is dead reviews for Life with Lucy and figured well, i look terrible but it's certainly better than DEAD?  Or maybe she gave the retouching task to gary and he screwed that up the way he did the rest of his work as her manager?

And how do you KNOW S H E approved it? Had she given up on her looks at that stage? Maybe she read those Queen is dead reviews for Life with Lucy and figured well, i look terrible but it's certainly better than DEAD? Or maybe she gave the retouching task to gary and he screwed that up the way he did the rest of his work as her manager?

Stars of her stature always had final approval.

You mean in 1987???  We could use a few of those monsoons right now.

I think so, i forget which wedding it was, but we keep hearing in the news how horrible it is there now about water shortages.  Lawns being replaced by artificial turf, flowers and shrubbery replaced by stuff you'd normally see just in Arizona, water rationing, are the people there turning their pools into playgrounds for their kids, filling them with balls?

I think so, i forget which wedding it was, but we keep hearing in the news how horrible it is there now about water shortages.  Lawns being replaced by artificial turf, flowers and shrubbery replaced by stuff you'd normally see just in Arizona, water rationing,

Water restrictions here in San Diego only allow me to water my lawn for 7 minutes, the times a week.  I will more than likely have to convert to xeriscape.  I will be happen when it's done, but the process to get there is a lot of work, which I don't look forward to.  There are a couple houses in my neighborhood that have Brady Bunch grass in their front yards.

are the people there turning their pools into playgrounds for their kids, filling them with balls?

It depends on whether there are guys in the pool.

Water restrictions here in San Diego only allow me to water my lawn for 7 minutes, the times a week.  I will more than likely have to convert to xeriscape.  I will be happen when it's done, but the process to get there is a lot of work, which I don't look forward to.  There are a couple houses in my neighborhood that have Brady Bunch grass in their front yards.

It depends on whether there are guys on the pool.

LOL!  You know, those playground pits filled with balls that you always see in amusement centers, i just had this vision of the thousands of pools in L A being filled with bouncing balls for the kids to at least still be able to enjoy the pool area.

LOL!  You know, those playground pits filled with balls that you always see in amusement centers, i just had this vision of the thousands of pools in L A being filled with bouncing balls for the kids to at least still be able to enjoy the pool area.

Oh, okay.  There are a lot of bouncing balls, but not for the kids.  I'll have to Google what you're talking about.

I think so, i forget which wedding it was, but we keep hearing in the news how horrible it is there now about water shortages.  Lawns being replaced by artificial turf, flowers and shrubbery replaced by stuff you'd normally see just in Arizona, water rationing, are the people there turning their pools into playgrounds for their kids, filling them with balls?

WHOSE??

• Like 1

Well, according to their ratings, number one comedy on tv in the US and Canada, you might be one of the rare ones that does.

Not really.  I've talked to a number of people who don't like it.  Television is so segmented these days that being number one doesn't mean that much anymore.  The Big Bang Theory attracts about 15 million total viewers in the U.S., but there are 320 million people in this country,   So more than 95% of the public is not watching this show.

Not really.  I've talked to a number of people who don't like it.  Television is so segmented these days that being number one doesn't mean that much anymore.  The Big Bang Theory attracts about 15 million total viewers in the U.S., but there are 320 million people in this country,   So more than 95% of the public is not watching this show.

Oh don't get me wrong, i don't love it as much as i used to, always the same, but they actually make me laugh a couple of times here and there, over a whole season, LOL!  Take away SHELDON from that show and it gets cancelled fast.  Finally, someone who deserves to get Emmy awards for his work on the show, Jim Parsons, at 40,playing a 20 year old that gets on your nerves but is a multi layered character who IS the show.  Agree about current network television, i rarely watch anything regularly anymore, thank God for Cable and HBO especially.