My Favorite Husband

Over the years I've been able to find MP3s of most of the episodes of My Favorite Husband of varying quality. However, I'm still missing several episodes, and there seem to be a few episodes where it's confusing to know which is which (most notably, the pilot, "Tenth Anniversary" and the later "Old Flame", which seem to be the same recording, but should be different, right?). So does anyone know whether the entire show available anywhere for download or purchase?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are several episodes missing from the CBS and Oppenheimer's library.

There are many episodes that are wrongly listed on those MP3 DVD's that are out there. Somehow over the years I managed to acquire and episode or two that they didnt have and some episodes with the original ads that they didnt have and have helped restore them to the library - no idea how I managed to get episodes they dont have but hey there back where they belong now :-)

Off the top of my head one complete episode that I remember is missing is the orignal pilot (the one without Richard Denning) they have two parts of it but the middle part is lost

Anywhere to get that? I'd love to. By my count, there were 125 episodes in total. Some may be mislabeled, I haven't listened to them all yet, but I seem to have 108 unique shows (36 of which are also on the ILL DVDs), plus another one on one of the ILL DVDs ("Giveaway Program"). So that's 109. Missing 16 ("The Cugats' Tenth Wedding Anniversary", "Literary Club’s Speaker Comes to Dinner", "The Magazine Photographer", "Is Your Ship of Matrimony on the Rocks?", "Liz Has Her Fortune Told", "The Election", "Respective Mustaches", "Old Jokes and Old Stories", "Budget", "The Auction", "April Fool", "The Health Farm", "Movies", "The Fuller Brush Show", "Vacation from Marriage", "April Fool Joke"). This is such a great radio show, they should do everything possible to release all of it.

The Paley Center has several episodes and at least one of the "rare" episodes - the series' second episode (and first with Richard Denning), involving the literary club speaker.

Oh, good! Which one, in LA or NY?? (I'm pretty sure the copies of what's in their respective libraries varies by location.)

I bought a boxed set of 10 episodes on CDs years ago in a bookstore. It also included a small book about Lucy with an intro by Bob & Madelyn, & chapters about Lucy, the My Favorite Husband shows, & info on each of the 10 programs. I checked for you but it doesn't contain any of the ones you are missing.

If anyone else is interested, here are the shows listed in the set, & a link for it:

http://www.amazon.com/Lucille-Ball-Radio-Legendary-Performers/dp/1570192685/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1289147513&sr=8-1

1 Lux Radio Theatre: Fancy Pants

2 My Favorite Husband: Selling Dresses

3 The Abbott and Costello Show: Nylon Stockings

4 Suspense: Dime a Dance

5 My Favorite Husband: George Is Messy

6 The Lux Radio Theatre: The Dark Corner

7 My Favorite Husband: Liz Learns to Swim

8 Suspense: The Ten Grand

9 My Favorite Husband: Liz's Birthday

10 The Gulf Screen Guild Theatre: Tight Shoes

• 3 months later...

I wonder how come this isn't released in its entirety on Lucy DVDs, or as a separate release. I'm sure every show could fit on just a few DVDs. I continuously score the Internet in hopes of finding any of the episodes I'm missing.

This site has the largest collection of MFH episodes, but again not all: http://www.archive.org/details/MyFavoriteHusband

I wonder how come this isn't released in its entirety on Lucy DVDs, or as a separate release. I'm sure every show could fit on just a few DVDs. I continuously score the Internet in hopes of finding any of the episodes I'm missing.

This site has the largest collection of MFH episodes, but again not all: http://www.archive.o...FavoriteHusband

Frankly, more than likely it probably simply comes down what it costs for the rights to reproduce the show. You don't realize what is involved and what it takes ($$$!) to get some of these "extras" added on to the DVDs, etcl for bonus goodies.

I'd like to see these released in a complete collection too but for now, we're probably lucky to get what we're getting. ;)

That's really too bad. I'm such a huge fan of the radio series. It's like another season or two of I Love Lucy almost. Of course some of the radio scripts were redone for ILL. Sigh... I really wish somehow those lost episode could be discovered and the entire show released properly. Lucy is so huge I'm sure there will be many fans that would snatch up an official release.

I'd also buy a complete collection. As posted earlier, the later episodes are like having bonus adventures of Lucy Ricardo!

A lot of the episodes on MP3 are Armed Forces Radio broadcasts, and the ads are gone as well as some dialogue. I wonder if those are the only versions left, or if CBS has the full episodes?

This is a good chance to thank the makers of the I Love Lucy DVDs for including the My Favorite Husband episodes :D

They're are still many episodes that are full and complete. As you say the series was broadcast on armed forces radio thankfully otherwise we wouldnt have many of the episodes that are outt there now.

I know one of the reels from the pilot is missing so about 5 mins or so is lost from that. I think there are only half a dozen or so complete episodes that are lost.

Ive mentioned it before but I've always thought it would be cool to draw a cartoon around this episodes and match the radio shows vocals up to it....

They're are still many episodes that are full and complete. As you say the series was broadcast on armed forces radio thankfully otherwise we wouldnt have many of the episodes that are outt there now.

I know one of the reels from the pilot is missing so about 5 mins or so is lost from that. I think there are only half a dozen or so complete episodes that are lost.

Ive mentioned it before but I've always thought it would be cool to draw a cartoon around this episodes and match the radio shows vocals up to it....

Well you had a great idea but someone else beat you to it! LOL Forget who the artist/company is but they sure did a great job!!

Archived