My Favorite Husband

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I posted the below-quoted list of missing episodes a while ago. I just wanted to say that if anyone should find any of these, please post them! Thanks!

Anywhere to get that? I'd love to. By my count, there were 125 episodes in total. Some may be mislabeled, I haven't listened to them all yet, but I seem to have 108 unique shows (36 of which are also on the ILL DVDs), plus another one on one of the ILL DVDs ("Giveaway Program"). So that's 109. Missing 16 ("The Cugats' Tenth Wedding Anniversary", "Literary Club’s Speaker Comes to Dinner", "The Magazine Photographer", "Is Your Ship of Matrimony on the Rocks?", "Liz Has Her Fortune Told", "The Election", "Respective Mustaches", "Old Jokes and Old Stories", "Budget", "The Auction", "April Fool", "The Health Farm", "Movies", "The Fuller Brush Show", "Vacation from Marriage", "April Fool Joke"). This is such a great radio show, they should do everything possible to release all of it.

• 3 months later...

I'm working on compiling MP3 rips of all the My Favorite Husband episodes included on the I Love Lucy DVDs, as the quality is usually excellent compared to the copies circulating online. I'll post a download link as soon as it's ready. Since the files are public domain, there should be no copyright issues.

Damn, you're right they were the same remake episode :( They were just different quality and length and mislabeled. Sorry! Hopefully that's the only mistake. I still haven't listened to them all, but I love the show and still hold out hope that it may be released after all the Lucy TV series are out.

• 5 months later...

Here's what my collection of this radio show looks like. I believe it's as complete as possible, as I've done extensive searches for the missing episodes:

In the meantime, has anyone seen the missing eps, perchance? Or are they gone for good in the dustbin of history?

In the meantime, has anyone seen the missing eps, perchance? Or are they gone for good in the dustbin of history?

Supposedly there are surviving portions of the original pilot with Lee Bowman somewhere, but I've never heard it.

There may be more episodes out there somewhere, but none that are accounted for. Maybe some copies will be relocated one day.

I'm in the process of trying to put together as complete and high-quality a collection as possible. I've ripped all the episodes appearing on the ILL DVD sets, and I'm in the process of transferring a number of episodes from the Radio Spirits tapes, many of which are better quality than the ones commonly circulating the internet at the moment.

I'll upload this collection when it's ready.

• 2 months later...

Supposedly there are surviving portions of the original pilot with Lee Bowman somewhere, but I've never heard it.

There may be more episodes out there somewhere, but none that are accounted for. Maybe some copies will be relocated one day.

I'm in the process of trying to put together as complete and high-quality a collection as possible. I've ripped all the episodes appearing on the ILL DVD sets, and I'm in the process of transferring a number of episodes from the Radio Spirits tapes, many of which are better quality than the ones commonly circulating the internet at the moment.

I'll upload this collection when it's ready.

Any update on this? Would love a collection like that, if CBS is unwilling.

Any update on this? Would love a collection like that, if CBS is unwilling.

I got about 5 episodes ripped from tapes before the machine went on the fritz. It now plays back casettes at too slow a speed, so everyone sounds reaaaaallllly looooww and slllllloooww :lucydisgust:

I'm going to have to get a higher quality one. I've got a lot of good quality ones, but I want to get more, so I'll keep you posted as it progresses.

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone.

I have a reaonsbale sized collection of My Favorite Husband episodes. I have 100 of 125 episodes. I am missing 25 (excluding the rebroadcast episode which would take the total to 126 episodes). I was wondering if anyone can help with any of my missing episodes listed below.

000 7/5/48 George's Old Flame"

001 7/23/48 The Literary Club”

002 7/30/48 The Magazine Photographer”

005 8/20/48 Liz Teaches the Samba"

006 8/27/48 Matrimony on the Rocks"

008 9/10/48 Liz Has Her Fortune Told"

012 10/3/48 George's Old Flame

016 10/30/48 The Election

022 12/11/48 Respective Moustaches

024 12/25/48 Numerology

036 3/18/49 Give Away Program

037 3/25/49 Old Jokes and Old Stories

047 6/3/49 Budget - Mr. Atterbury

053 9/9/49 The Auction

082 4/2/50 April Fool

084 4/16/50 Anniversary

096 9/9/50 Gossip

097 9/16/50 Movies

098 9/23/50 Fuller Brush Show

104 11/4/50 The Two Mrs. Coopers

105 11/11/50 Vacation From Marriage

119 2/17/51 Renewal Of Driver’s License

120 2/24/51 The Two Mothers-In-Law

123 3/17/51 Liz Hires A New Secretary For George

125 3/31/51 The April Fool Joke (The Silk Stocking)

Also I have a question about the Young Matron's League Tryout. There are supposed to be two versions of the Tryout episode, however I have ended up with two different versions of Young Matron's League Play and they are definitely two different shows.

Is the reference to two versions of the Tryout epsidoe an error? Is it supposed to be the Play that was done twice?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mike.

Archived