Lucy's Sherwood Oaks Comedy Seminar!

Seeing one of these would have been wonderful. I sort of figured she smoked the whole way through these. I have seen a picture or 2 of her at one of these. In listening to these 3 hours though she seems to plow through the time. There is only one break. The first time she asks if anyone wanted to take a break but everyone agreed no and kept going. Sounded like she was good to go too. Wonderful stamina. I know she talked a lot about acting and the business in these as is evident from this 3 hour one, but I wonder how many personal stories she shared too. Sort of perseverance in life lessons. In this seminar talking about the Business Manager is relatable to managing your life and career. Rick do you remember anything else she talked about in relation to the miscarriage or what may have prompted her to talk about it? Any other personal stories she told? The singing thing is funny. Was that maybe to tighten your muscles in that area?

WTH?  Could she sing through her va-jay-jay?  LOL

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the wild ambulance ride was because of the miscarriage. I remember it was from the ranch to the hospital and someone almost fell out, but I don't remember the details and where I read it.

It was in Lucy's autobiography. She said that Desi was holding her hand but suddenly wasn't anymore. When she looked up the attendant was hanging out of the back of the ambulance. Desi had a hold of his legs and was trying to tug him back in. Desi pounded on the glass but the driver just nodded and drove faster, he never actually looked back! She mentioned that they narrowly missed a couple of parked cars :D Awful way to go but talk about funny! I loved this story and how close they were when they needed each other.

Archived