Random clippings

Luvsbway

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I'll be sheep dipped.  I didn't know any of that.  Had no idea Cleo had a stage name, although that would make sense given the complexity of her last name.  I don't know if I even knew she was married before Kenny.  Then of the 3 "siblings" Lucy had the least amount of marriages.  I figured that Jack's name was wrong and that's who they were trying to mention.  

Artie made frequent appearances on The Jack Benny Program as the character Mr. Kitzel up until his death in 1957.

Cleo and Artie married in 1938 and were divorced by 1942 since that's when she married Kenny Morgan.

Speaking of Jack Benny, besides Milt Josefsberg, Harry, who else worked for my two favorite comedians of all time.  Saw loads of familiar names when watching the various Jack Benny Christmas programs but did not jot them down.  Do YOU know?

• 2 weeks later...

Two articles talking about when Lucy got stranded in Milwaukee and Desi calling her to get to NYC so he could marry her.  

Looks like Lucy has a new occupation yet again in this first one. Nov 18, 1940

11.18.40.png

May 5, 1953

5.3.53.png

That must be when she first thought of buying Hansen's dress shop, LOL!

Interesting stuff in this article.  Wonderful opinions on Jean Stapleton, Bea Arthur, Joan Rivers, and Carol Burnett.  Lucy also mentions a bit about Gary and Lenny and also his involvement in the studio when he started.   I got the biggest laugh out of her reaction to Barbara Walters.

April 30, 75

4.30.75.png

This is one of my favorite interviews with Lucy. The Lincoln Center Library for the Performing Arts in New York has the actual audio recording and it's incredible.

I think i've read that before but you're right Harry, absolutely terrific interview.  Funny how she would say she loved or hated something, in this case, All in the Family and then would later reverse herself completely on the same subject.

Interesting stuff in this article.  Wonderful opinions on Jean Stapleton, Bea Arthur, Joan Rivers, and Carol Burnett.  Lucy also mentions a bit about Gary and Lenny and also his involvement in the studio when he started.   I got the biggest laugh out of her reaction to Barbara Walters.

April 30, 75

4.30.75.png

April 30, 75

4.30.75.png

Fantastic interview Shel, thanks for posting it.

I think i've read that before but you're right Harry, absolutely terrific interview. Funny how she would say she loved or hated something, in this case, All in the Family and then would later reverse herself completely on the same subject.

Lucy said in this conversation that she hated the show when it first started because she thought Archie never got his comeuppance. She said after the first season of 13 episodes that was changed and she liked the show much more.

Lucy said in this conversation that she hated the show when it first started because she thought Archie never got his comeuppance. She said after the first season of 13 episodes that was changed and she liked the show much more.

Thanks for that, knew about the first part, but not the second.  No wonder she was able to pose with Norman Lear at the TV Hall of Fame inductions without wincing, LOL!

Archived