False Lucy facts

chedderchester

What are some facts that have surfaced that do not seem to be true?

I read in Ball of Fire, that at the beginning of I Love Lucy, Lucy ripped off Viv's false eyelashes and said "NOBODY wears false eyelashes on this show but ME." Causing Viv to tell Hal King "I'm gonna learn to love that bitch if this show becomes a success." In Lucy's autobiography, she said that they hit it off from the start.

Also, I heard somewhere that Vivian and Bill actually did get along at first, but then she made that rude comment, not knowing he was nearby, and he wanted nothing to do with her after that. Ball of Fire (and the 2003 Lucy movie) says that as soon as they met, they didn't like each other. I kind of laughed at the movie scene, Lucy's comment toward's Viv. It made her seem like a stuck up snob. It was also because she had her hair down. The movie also made it seem like the very last scene of LDCH was the That's All scene. And that at the end of Lucy is Envious, the last scene was the girls dressed as aliens, and then Lucy finding out about Desi cheating as soon as she got in the limo. Also they got the date wrong. The last LDCH was taped on March 2nd but the movie says it was in February. I'm also surprised they taped it March 2nd but it aired April 1st. Usually it would be April 2nd or later.

on the set of The Lucy show, at the beginning, everyone made it seem like she was a total bitch. Was it because it was it was a new show and she wasn't used to having Desi there? I would be nervous too, but a lot of sources say she was a holy terror. Jimmy said she was really nice and treated him like her own son.

What about Finding Lucy, how they say bad things about Here's Lucy? "The scripts were bad, and no enthusiasm to do them," or "Lucy didn't care about anything except work." I thought she cared about the work so she could make us laugh!

I also read in Ball of Fire, about when Lucy was in the hospital after having the stroke, she started tripping out, seeing ants marching on her stomach marching to the tune of 76 Trombones. Was that actually true? That is actually pretty funny.

You gotta take some of those stories with a grain of salt.  Yes, I believe that Lucy probably did say something pretty bitchy to Viv the first few times they met, and yes, I think Viv did say something like, "I'm gonna learn to love that bitch."  As Joy Behar says, "So what?  Who cares?"  She did learn to love that bitch.  LOL.  I don't care.  And Ched, never use those shitty TV movies as sources of accurate information.  They tried to cram years' worth of history into 2 hours and they did it horribly and half-assed at that.  

You can't argue that the Here's Lucy scripts were all that good.  And I do think that Lucy kind of had to phone it in sometimes.   Wasn't her fault.  That's the fault of the crappy and cheap writers Gary was hiring.  lol.  

About the stroke thing and her hallucinating --- could be true, who knows?  They give you good drugs in the hospital.  

Yeah I believe the stroke story. And also in Ball of Fire, when the cast watched the premiere episode of ILL, nobody said a word, but Phil Ober and he was cackling really meanly the whole time, because he was a jerk. On Finding Lucy, they said her husband was laughing hysterically because the episode was funny.

There's this scene in Facts of Life where Lucy is drunk at the bar with Phil's character and they don't have any dialogue so I make up my own. My favorite is "So I told Viv if she didn't divorce you I would". Ha ha drunk laugh.

More facts we know not to be true, the putty nose wasn't suppose to catch on fire, Lucy got her foot stuck in the ballet bar by accident,

Another one I thought. Lucy and her Japanese bunker detection teeth has been proven busted by Mythbusters.

Of course the arthritis story of Lucy in her early 20s we may never know if that was true or not. At least we know the car accident in Central Park was a lie.

Phil Ober really laughed cruelly through the airing of the first episode of I Love Lucy?

Regarding those "missing years," are there any mentions from Jamestown friends about seeing her around this time? I'm genuinely curious what that time was like for her.

And the car accident is mentioned in front of her??

Yes it is. The toastmaster at the Sullivan tribute goes through both their childhoods mentioning details like Desi cleaning the brid cages, Lucy's imaginary friend Sassafrassa. At one point as he is going through her life he says then that fateful day and accident in NY. It is a total reference to the car accident story.

They both seemed amazed he found all this stuff and Lucy laughing about her imaginary friend.

Yes it is. The toastmaster at the Sullivan tribute goes through both their childhoods mentioning details like Desi cleaning the brid cages, Lucy's imaginary friend Sassafrassa. At one point as he is going through her life he says then that fateful day and accident in NY. It is a total reference to the car accident story.

They both seemed amazed he found all this stuff and Lucy laughing about her imaginary friend.

Whoa, awkward.  Glad she was able to laugh it off though.  Wonder what she was thinking for reals though lol.

Ball of Fire also tells a story of when Lucy & Desi were on the verge of divorce, Lucy took a cigarette lighter and pretended it was a gun, "shooting" Desi, after calling him a drunken bum and a bastard. When he ran into his dressing room, she ran after him and he said to her calmly, "please don't do that again." And what Lucie said in Home Movie, about how she told Desi "I wish you were dead . . ." did she really mean that? Or was it just in the heat of the moment?

And all those stories about Vivian and Bill . . . I hope it wasn't as bad as it sounded. lol. I bet all those insulting remarks were because they had such a secret LOVE for each other. :lucyhaha:  highly doubt it though. did he really say she was a miserable c*** in an interview?

Archived