It Doesn't Really Make Sense That....

I thought there was already a topic that covered this, but couldn't find it. Though that topic may have been limited to  things the completely defy logic, like the bread coming out of the oven with the pan underneath. (However some of that yeast may have gotten on to the pan and made it grow also......well, it's POSSIBLE.)

I don't know why this occurred to me as I walked past a bank today but....

Why does Kathleen know Audrey has been banking at the Danfield Bank for FIFTEEN YEARS?   I can see her saying "Why on earth would she want to do that (draw out all her savings), she's been banking there for YEARS".  Or if she had to say a number, maybe TEN or even TWENTY years......but FIFTEEN??

.....having an audience for the pie baking contest.  Proof than Danfield is duller than Poughkeepsie is the fact that the preparation of the pies plays to a full house.  And then the people go home, I presume, while the pies are cooking and return for the verdict.  The venue looks like a school, but WHERE are all these ovens??  Do HomeEc classrooms have enough for everybody?

• 1 month later...

It amazes me that the 'Lucy' character was never killed in all of the incredible accidents she was involved in.

Especially her two leaps/falls out of upper-story windows.  The Mertzes may have had their awning up but she didn't know that.  And landing in one of California's most uncomfortable palm trees.  She still had to get DOWN from the thing.

I've got a real brain-bender. The Danny Thomas 'Williams' family met the Ricardos in 1958 (I think) and Lucy Carter visited them in 1970. Lucy Carter also met Lucille Ball in 1974. This means that Lucille Ball and Lucy Ricardo both exist as real people in the same universe?!!?

I've got a real brain-bender. The Danny Thomas 'Williams' family met the Ricardos in 1958 (I think) and Lucy Carter visited them in 1970. Lucy Carter also met Lucille Ball in 1974. This means that Lucille Ball and Lucy Ricardo both exist as real people in the same universe?!!?

And don't forget Lucy Ricardo knew Susie MacNamara AND Katie O'Connor.

• 4 months later...

Since it's one of her greatest all-time physical bits, I forgive Lucy on Stilts/Electric Mattress" for EVERYTHING, however......

By using the stilts she doesn't really gain a discernible amount of height any more than stepping on the lower bunk.

If Viv has claustrophobia, wouldn't sleeping on the inside of the top bunk with the ceiling sloping down and having Lucy on the outside be worse for her affliction than the lower bunk?

There have been people who have never seen TLS asking me to show them one, and I usually pick "electric Mattress".  This one is great from start to finish and has two great physical scenes.   For what they're doing, the roving motorized mattress is more realistic than it could have been in lesser hands.  The emphasis on just how slippery the newly waxed floor is helps.

The one that's always bugged me is when her adrenaline gland kicks in and she turns into superman.

Same here!  I always thought nonsense like that was so out of place for this series.  Lucy often got into situations that were very unlikely, but still humanly possible. What happened in this episode was humanly impossible.  I've always felt a script like that belonged on a show like Gilligan's Island, which was concerned with logic or making sense.  Then I come to find out the script was written by (Gilligan's Island producer) Sherwood Schwartz's own brother!

Why does Kathleen know Audrey has been banking at the Danfield Bank for FIFTEEN YEARS?   I can see her saying "Why on earth would she want to do that (draw out all her savings), she's been banking there for YEARS".  Or if she had to say a number, maybe TEN or even TWENTY years......but FIFTEEN??

As much as those women were on the phone chatting with one another about everyone and everything, why would she know this?

Archived