Lucy & Desi Photo Thread (Vol. 2)

Brock

Assuming the audience was set up in bleachers that ran the length of all the sets, only a select group in the middle would be able to see what was going on in the kitchen.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this photo of a scale model of the I Love Lucy set was recently posted on a film group page on Facebook that I follow.  Thought members here would be interested in seeing it, but I don't know how clear it will be.

attachicon.gif10923277_10152506626982757_8421360201887331981_n.jpg

That's actor Jon Hall along with Frances, Lucy and Desi in Nov. 1940. Hall & Langford were married at the time. His biggest (and first) film was "The Hurricane with Dorothy Lamour.

Mr Rickee, just wanted tell you how great your artwork is.  Shelly sent me a copy of the '97 and ;99 Loving Lucy conventions and your artwork was featured in one of them and i thought it was absolutely terrific, never made the connection that YOUR Lucy Paper Dolls book also featured Lucy in various poses, so you are definitely one terrific artist and your work just incredible.  I stupidly thought of Ric Wyman instead of Rick Carl, first time i saw it, just had to tell you how wonderful your work is.

Mr Rickee, just wanted tell you how great your artwork is.  Shelly sent me a copy of the '97 and ;99 Loving Lucy conventions and your artwork was featured in one of them and i thought it was absolutely terrific, never made the connection that YOUR Lucy Paper Dolls book also featured Lucy in various poses, so you are definitely one terrific artist and your work just incredible.  I stupidly thought of Ric Wyman instead of Rick Carl, first time i saw it, just had to tell you how wonderful your work is.

Thanks for the kinds words. The terrific artwork of Dave Woodman graced the covers of the programs for our Loving Lucy Conventions in 1996-1998. I illustrated the logos from 1999-2001. The Lucy paper doll book was produced in 2004 and appears to be a collectors' item. Thanks again.

Thanks for the kinds words. The terrific artwork of Dave Woodman graced the covers of the programs for our Loving Lucy Conventions in 1996-1998. I illustrated the logos from 1999-2001. The Lucy paper doll book was produced in 2004 and appears to be a collectors' item. Thanks again.

Well i HAVE that Lucy paper doll book and it's a great argument for seeing all the Lucy shows in COLOR as she is just mesmerizing in your drawings in COLOR and it finally is an answer for all those attempts we had at figuring what color this or that outfit was.  Like who the heck could have guessed that the beautiful black outfit with the BLUE top part, now i never saw that one coming, LOL!

Who are the two people on the left and the dude photobombing Frances Langford? Since we seem to be having a Too Many Girls reunion as noted above, I thought the photo bomber might be a tanned Eddie Bracken, but the nose looks off.

I was wondering who the familiar looking hunky sailor hat wearing dude was?? Hubba hubba! :peachonthebeach:

I'd LOVE to second the above; but, I NEVER mis-connected you with arrrdubya!!!!  Loving you, JK

• Like 1