Lucy & Desi Photo Thread (Vol. 2)

Brock

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Brock said:

I only have 1954. :( 

No worries, love; hoping all is well with you and yours; hi to Mom from me; I am in between 3-count 'em 60+ year friends passing within a very short period of time; but, all 3 WAKES within a 4-day period.  To say I'm down in the dumps is accurate; and,, it's nice to 'talk' to someone alive I consider a friend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

index.php?id=psnypl_the_5431&t=w

Don’t recall having seen this shot before - it’s supposedly Lucy and Desi from the opening night of Wildcat. I say ‘supposedly’ because I would expect to see Desi’s hair more grey at this point but perhaps there’s an explanation. If that’s the case, this is a rare candid of them during a time when they were said to have been considering reconciliation. According to one article from the time, one photographer asked to take their picture when they were out having a quiet dinner but Lucy declined.

P.S. Also rare to see Lucy without nail polish on. Perhaps due to the character she was playing?

You are good. Based on the hair pattern it isn't Desi. There are photos of him at opening to compare and yes more gray and short. Also i love that photo thing you mentioned. I put that article over in random quotes.

And you are correct on nailpolish. It would not be era/character correct.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...