Brock

Lucy & Desi Photo Thread (Vol. 2)

rickee    88

That was taken on the set of Father Takes a Wife. Desi was in costume.

Beat me to it, Jim. This was when he is a stowaway on the boat…looking very young and handsome. While DA is supposed to be an opera singer, still not 100% sure that is his singing voice in the film, although at times it does sound like him.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xev11_gloria-swanson-desi-arnaz_music

HarryCarter    1,053

Beat me to it, Jim. This was when he is a stowaway on the boat…looking very young and handsome. While DA is supposed to be an opera singer, still not 100% sure that is his singing voice in the film, although at times it does sound like him.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xev11_gloria-swanson-desi-arnaz_music

Desi wrote in A Book that his singing was dubbed by an Italian tenor and he received letters asking why his accent sounded Italian when singing.

desilufan2    32

According to some of the actors on set for this movie they were still very much in a honeymoon mode. They could tell she couldn't wait to get him alone :marionstrong:

Luvsbway    2,049

I always get this and 4 Jacks mixed up. Yes I've seen this one and I think the voice dubbing for his singing is even more weirder than any time Lucy got dubbed. We are so use to his voice.

I bet they were in honeymoon mode. I've heard the same thing when she was doing Seven Days Leave and he was doing Navy Comes Through even though it was 1942 by that time.

Mmadluv7    222

According to some of the actors on set for this movie they were still very much in a honeymoon mode. They could tell she couldn't wait to get him alone :marionstrong:

true, in the picture, she can't even keep her hands off of him- so cute. 

Luvsbway    2,049

I love come across a bunch of photos and then finally being able to link them to the same event or outing.  I think these were all the same night.  They are from a date Desi had his show at Ciro's according to the text on 2 photos.

van.jpg

k3.jpg

milk.jpeg

k1.JPG

k4.jpeg

Luvsbway    2,049

A wedding photo I never saw before.

wed5.jpeg

Anniversary pics.

1220.jpeg

1229.jpeg

1228.jpeg

This telegram was included on the Scrapbook Cd-Rom

tel.jpeg

Not sure if this was in an auction or where it came from.

card10.jpg

C L A U D E    2,006

I guess whenever they had one of those anniversaries or celebrations, people looking on must have associated their actions with what their characters were doing on the series.  Always so similar.

C L A U D E    2,006

Mr Ball sure didn't get as many leis as his wife did.  Of course he might have gotten more of the other type of LAY.