Lucy & Desi Photo Thread (Vol. 2)

Brock

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't ring a bell as being from a Lucy movie.  Anyone know what it is from?

559.jpg

Hi there, I found this photo in an article and posted it on Instagram and just changed it to black and white. But the original had a caption that said the newlyweds were going to be tested for a movie called 'Havana' or something like that. I think it's just a candid shot of them.

That info is very interesting.  I think the other photo from this is her with a coffee cup and him behind the couch.  Yes I I do think this is candid.  I wonder if this test mentioned in the caption is maybe what this blub from a 1941 magazine is all about.  I find this intriguing.

Off the Record

There's a soundman over at RKO who could clean up a neat pile of dough if he ever wanted to peddle a little recording he made the other day. The soundmap was idling about between "takes" on a Lucille Ball test when he happened to glimpse Lucille and her husband (referred to somewhere above) creep into a corner and go into a cooing and purring routine that would have made a lesser man blush and turn away. In a moment of rare inspiration, the soundman swung his microphone high over the Arnaz' heads and with absolute shamelessness caught their conversation in all its intimate and revealing, details! The recording is said to be terrific, and if Mr. Soundman ever decides to market it, he can add us to his list. We'd lay our cash on the line any day to hear what that pair's got to say!

Hi there, I found this photo in an article and posted it on Instagram and just changed it to black and white. But the original had a caption that said the newlyweds were going to be tested for a movie called 'Havana' or something like that. I think it's just a candid shot of them.

This was originally in color? Why did you change it??? Please post the original!

That info is very interesting.  I think the other photo from this is her with a coffee cup and him behind the couch.  Yes I I do think this is candid.  I wonder if this test mentioned in the caption is maybe what this blub from a 1941 magazine is all about.  I find this intriguing.

Off the Record

There's a soundman over at RKO who could clean up a neat pile of dough if he ever wanted to peddle a little recording he made the other day. The soundmap was idling about between "takes" on a Lucille Ball test when he happened to glimpse Lucille and her husband (referred to somewhere above) creep into a corner and go into a cooing and purring routine that would have made a lesser man blush and turn away. In a moment of rare inspiration, the soundman swung his microphone high over the Arnaz' heads and with absolute shamelessness caught their conversation in all its intimate and revealing, details! The recording is said to be terrific, and if Mr. Soundman ever decides to market it, he can add us to his list. We'd lay our cash on the line any day to hear what that pair's got to say!

Sounds like a sex tape to me.  LOL

• Like 1

Sounds like a sex tape to me.  LOL

In one of her early letters to him she wrote that her dreams about him were so vidi that waking up was a horrible disappointment. Sex dreams and sex tape me thinks. Lucie could sell her dream journal and the tape for a lot of money :D

• Like 1

Original caption: Shown enjoying themselves at the Beaux Arts Ball which transformed the Mirador Hotel into a Spanish Palace, are from left to right are: Dean Martin; Mrs. Janice Bogert,; Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. Serenading the group is Don Marteen, standing at rear. Spanish dancer Lola Montez with her troupe were flown from New York to entertain the 600 film stars and socialites. Star Charlie Farrell acted as Master of Ceremonies for the affair.

Date Photographed:
April 10, 1954

:lucy1: And do you know what he had the nerve to do? He flirted BACK!

$_57.JPG