The Banner Archives

Mmadluv7

• 8 months later...

And in my biased but humble opinion one of your best, boss! :lucyhmm:

BTW that's Jack Cassidy, isn't it?? I haven't seen this one in so long I forgot he was in it!! So...yet one more Lucy/Busty Ingels (long before she ever was an Ingels!) connection! I love it!! :HALKING:

This is another 4th season winner, I think.  Yes, it's mired in silliness and about as far afield from "Life Without George" as a series could get.  But who can resist enjoying Lucy doing Carol Channing and singing "Hello Dolly"?   I only wish she had done a run in "Dolly".  

This seems like a good opportunity here to Shill for SeeBS despite the fact I have no horse in this race but to remind everybody that all 6 gloriously remastered uncut seasons on CB$/Paramount Home Video (the AUTHORIZED ones, kids, not any of that public domain CRAP!) are coming out, as ILL and HL before it, in a COMPLETE box set with "new" packaging and artwork.... and unlike the recent Blu-rays, at a decent, fair and actually quite a value price!!

No matter time to pickup this iconic Lucy series in it's remastered splendor, especially if you don't any or all of the previously released single season sets!

You can find it online at these places, among many others:

Amazon.com:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01M0F9Z8P/tvshowsondvdcom

Walmart.com:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Lucy-Show-The-Complete-Series-Full-Frame-Widescreen/54735581

DeepDiscount.com:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/the-lucy-show-the-complete-series/032429238801

• 4 months later...

Another classic banner...For those who haven't seen "Feud", Bette Davis calls Joan 'Lucille', her birth name.   "Feud"'s Joan doesn't seem to be annoyed by it, but she hadn't used that name since the early 20s.  Were she and Bette in the chorus together?

Another classic banner...For those who haven't seen "Feud", Bette Davis calls Joan 'Lucille', her birth name.   "Feud"'s Joan doesn't seem to be annoyed by it, but she hadn't used that name since the early 20s.  Were she and Bette in the chorus together?

It's probably creative license, but it's not the first dramatization to incorporate it. The Judy Garland miniseries had Roger Edens always call her Frances, even though in real life nobody called her Frances after she changed her name. I suppose it's to represent the real person beneath the Hollywood image, and provide an access point for the audience to understand the character better.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...