Sign in to follow this  
Brock

Lucie joins national tour of Pippin

I hope we'd get some kind of certainty. I don't want to get tickets and then 'oh, she's not going to be there. :lucyeww:

I know Lucie is the main selling point for us lol, but I thought Pippin was really a wonderful production regardless- Lucie was just like icing on the cake for me when I saw her on Bway. There are just so many talented people involved.

I didn't know how my husband would like this and he really loved the Fosse choreography and I was amazed at all the circus performers.  Also nice to see Charlotte D'amboise on stage again.  i had not seen her since the 90's run of Damn Yankees.

A rave for Lucie in Hartford:

So many performances are nothing short of spectacular in this production that one would think it impossible for any one actor to nearly steal this show. Nonetheless, 63-year-old Lucie Arnaz manages to come close to doing just that.

Playing Pippin's grandmother, Arnaz stuns the audience on a flying trapeze and oh so much more. (I won't ruin the surprise, but area gyms are likely to see a huge increase in women clients after audiences see Arnaz's performance.)

MORE: http://www.rep-am.com/entertainment/theater/854118.txt

I didn't know how my husband would like this and he really loved the Fosse choreography and I was amazed at all the circus performers.  Also nice to see Charlotte D'amboise on stage again.  i had not seen her since the 90's run of Damn Yankees.

Shel, was Irene Ryan the originator of that role or was he just a replacement at some point?  And did Irene get a Tony nomination or win, if not, who did?

Irene was original. It was rumored she died doing the show but I think she left knowing death was coming.

She was nominated but lost to Patricia Elliott for A Little Night Music.

Irene was original. It was rumored she died doing the show but I think she left knowing death was coming.

She was nominated but lost to Patricia Elliott for A Little Night Music.

So, was she old at that point to be doing the role you are all describing as dangerous and all?  And thanks for the info by the way.

The role was nothing like what it is now. I think she was mid 60s. Came out sang the song and left.

Really?  That's odd, why would they change it like that?