Sign in to follow this  
LittleRickyII

So . . . when was the last Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour ACTUALLY filmed?

rickylu    39

Does anyone know when "The Desilu Revue" was filmed? I'm guessing it would have had to have been sometime in the fall of '59 to be ready by Christmas. Lucy definitely had a lot on her plate that autumn if she had to film the remaining LDCHs, on top of all the time she put in to "Revue", plus an increasingly difficult personal life.

Neil    1,352

That's why we miss CLAUDE! 

Yes I know Claude was not Mr. Congeniality to some on the board.

I emailed him recently just to see how he's doing and got no response.

Has anyone heard from him?  

upperco    66

Daily Variety production listings from early 1960 confirm that "Lucy Meets the Mustache" was shot in mid-January, which is incidentally right around the time that the WGA called a strike. 

upperco    66
On 6/28/2017 at 8:17 AM, rickylu said:

Does anyone know when "The Desilu Revue" was filmed? I'm guessing it would have had to have been sometime in the fall of '59 to be ready by Christmas. Lucy definitely had a lot on her plate that autumn if she had to film the remaining LDCHs, on top of all the time she put in to "Revue", plus an increasingly difficult personal life.

According to Daily Variety production listings, it was shot around early December '59 -- not long before it was broadcast, and as it turns out, only about six weeks before "Lucy Meets the Mustache" was filmed.