This Man Wanted Lucille Ball in a Concentration Camp Drinking Toilet Water

LittleRickyII

To quote Homer Simpson, "If he's so smart, how come he's dead?"

LOL! I had never heard of him, though it looks like leenorman had.  But he seems like an awfully despicable person.  There's a lot of nastiness in today's political environment, and people like to romanticize the 1950s.  But it's pretty apparent there were people around back then who were just as nasty.

Oy friggin vey, why are we wasting our time on this moron?

Had you heard of him before?  I didn't know about him.  I wasn't searching for him, just happened upon his article and thought, WTF!

You guys made me more curious.  I found out he wrote this about Robert Kennedy three years before he was assassinated:  "Some white patriot of the Southern tier will spatter his spoonful of brains in public premises before the snow flies."  From Wikipedia:  The New York Times stated in his obituary that Pegler lamented the failure of would-be assassin Giuseppe Zangara, who missed FDR and killed the mayor of Chicago instead. He "hit the wrong man" when gunning for Franklin Roosevelt.

He wrote for the John Birch Society in the 1960s, and in recent years Sarah Palin has been known to quote him.  It all makes sense now.  :)

You guys made me more curious.  I found out he wrote this about Robert Kennedy three years before he was assassinated:  "Some white patriot of the Southern tier will spatter his spoonful of brains in public premises before the snow flies."

I wonder if he ever compared notes with Dot Kilgallen.

I wonder if he ever compared notes with Dot Kilgallen.

I know a lot of people didn't like her, but surely she wasn't as bad as this guy.  Every so often I look at What's My Line clips on Youtube.  She puts on a nice face on that show.  I don't think this guy could pull that off if he tried!  He's just plain nasty.

There was nothing wrong with Dorothy Killgallen.  She was totally unafraid to scoop the news world by getting an interview with Lee Harvey Oswald's killer Jack Ruby.  She found out stuff that would have been the biggest news story in decades, and so the CIA killed her, made it look like suicide and confiscated her notes on what Ruby told her about the Kennedy assassination, so the Warren commission's bullshit would have been exposed.  You know, like one bullet hitting two men and one man shooting as many as four bullets in a few seconds as a motorcade goes by his window.  The other jerk you wrote about is typical of some assholes who are around today.  There's a former soldier at Sitcoms Online I had the misfortune of knowing.  His shtick includes, oh Lucille Ball, that communist and terrible mother!  They were obviously cut from the same cloth, idiots who know nothing and just vomit that conservative nonsense that they are stupid enough to believe.  And no, I never heard of him and wish I still didn't.

There was nothing wrong with Dorothy Killgallen.  She was totally unafraid to scoop the news world by getting an interview with Lee Harvey Oswald's killer Jack Ruby.  She found out stuff that would have been the biggest news story in decades, and so the CIA killed her, made it look like suicide and confiscated her notes on what Ruby told her about the Kennedy assassination, so the Warren commission's bullshit would have been exposed.  You know, like one bullet hitting two men and one man shooting as many as four bullets in a few seconds as a motorcade goes by his window.  The other jerk you wrote about is typical of some assholes who are around today.  There's a former soldier at Sitcoms Online I had the misfortune of knowing.  His shtick includes, oh Lucille Ball, that communist and terrible mother!  They were obviously cut from the same cloth, idiots who know nothing and just vomit that conservative nonsense that they are stupid enough to believe.  And no, I never heard of him and wish I still didn't.

I haven't made up my mind on the Kennedy conspiracy theories.  I've heard pretty convincing arguments on both sides.  I respect Dorothy K. for digging deep and at least trying to make people consider another side, but I'm not a fan of gossip, and she did a lot of that, too.  As for Pegler, before I even looked into his background, just from reading that Lucille Ball column, I thought: If this guy were around today he'd be a member of the Tea Party.  I'm on SitcomsOnline a fair amount.  I've probably run across the jerk you're talking about, though I can't pinpoint him.  I've encountered several jerks there.

Yeah, so many jerks that I swore I'd never go back there, I'm fine here, almost all the people are sane HERE, LOL!  Killgallen interviewing Ruby is NOT gossip, it's fact.  My comments were the result of reading my latest Kennedy book, called Two Brothers, it said that Robert never believed the warren commission's report but lied that he did to not get killed himself by the cia and perhaps he was also.  It's been fifty years now so the truth is finally coming out, seems the CIA in YOUR country was just as bad as the KGB in Russia.  I remember those warmongers back then, goldwater and company, but mostly the joint chiefs, generals and the main culprit the CIA, would you believe Johnson was afraid they were planning a coup and refused to have air force one leave Dallas until he was sworn in as President.  He was found in the bathroom of the plane dreading HE was next on the KILL list.   Lots more revealed in the book by the insiders who were there at that time, amazing how it always takes so long for the truth to come out.  BUT THAT'S A WHOLE OTHER THREAD, LOL!

Didn't think I had a bucket list; but, that would be right up there near the top, to FINALLY KNOW - I emphasize KNOW the truth before I died; can remember the minute I heard it - exactly  half-way down the cellar stairs at my parents' house, to pick up a load of dry diapers; first-born just a few months old at the time - glued to the tv for the next several weeks it seems.  It seems some p.r. came out that the truth could not come out for 50 years - papers and facts sealed - at the request of the family (of course, I had NO idea I would live THAT long, and certainly never thought about it until now) - wow - 50 years - a drop in the bucket of a lifetime!!!!  Does anyone else have similar memories?

It's one of those situations where everybody who was alive at that time remembers exactly where they were and what happened.  I was in school and when it came on the PA system that a Russian guy had killed the President, we all thought a nuclear war would follow, then again, at 13, we were afraid of everything back then.

Archived