Best season of Here's Lucy?

TBH I like the latter half of season 1 the best. There's some good 1962 eps, not wild about the first batch.

Back to HL--after watching Lucy Runs the Rapids, I hope I can go to the Colorado River some day and go white water rafting. Can anyone pinpoint the exact location of where the 2nd half was? The first half was in Lee's Ferry which does exist. That road trip looked kind of fun. I can just picture the Carter kids--"remember how we went on that road trip through Colorado and Arizona and Utah in the summer of 1969?" Well, the ARNAZ kids can certainly say the same thing. I hope they got to San Fran. The closest I've been to the river is when I was in Austin 7 years ago--like, EXACTLY 7 years ago. we flew there on November 15th 2007 for my cousin's wedding and the bride's family's house was maybe walking distance from the river. On Google Maps it looked pretty close but it may have been farther than it looks. We could've gone there but we didn't have time. I could've seen the Alamo too! And the interior of the RV looked soooooo ugly but it was 1969!

What do you guys think of the 4 part road trip? Indian Chief isn't exactly my favorite but it has it's moments, like when Uncle Harry "marries" Pocahontas. Does it take place in the summer? It was taped in May-June. Surprised for June, the waters of the river were still freezing. I thought Arizona was super hot.

I would've been a nervous wreck if I was a crew member shooting the rapids scenes. All those cameras and lights and crew members on a single raft in the middle of the river. . . they had to be securely mounted on. I heard that when The Bradys went to Kings Island, on the roller coaster, they were freaking out that the camera would fly off and hit them in the head. Um, OW!

I also noticed that at one point in PT1 of the Airforce episode, when Lucy looks out the window at the cadets throwing the professor into the reflecting pond, it's snowing! Then it shows the cadets and it's sunny. How did they think nobody would notice? lol. They were lucky that it wasn't snowing for the whole time they were there. Funnily enough, in the Brady Bunch Kings Island episode, there's a couple scenes of the park where it's clearly raining out and then in the next shots it's a beautiful day.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was on the commentary to the Air Force Academy episodes (The Shout Factory set) they talk about how do to the elevation of the Academy the weather would change so quickly. On their schedule to get these in the can they didn't have time to wait for the weather to cooperate for shot continuity.

Yeah I remember hearing about the weather in the commentary and in some behind the scenes featurette. glad they were able to get more nice shots than uncooperative weather shots. I wonder if on the days that it snowed or rained, they did all the indoor scenes. How long were they at each location, a week?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see that Murder She Wrote will now be airing everyday on CoziTV from 3- 5pm everyday. Here's Lucy airs at 4pm weekdays. I wonder if they will move the show to another time slot or take off altogether. I did notice in their schedule that HL is not airing during the week of Dec. 22 (for Xmas shows).

Just saw Lucy and Ma Parker for the first time. Not sure how I ever missed that one when I first got the S3 set. It was pretty funny. Why did the cop want her to blow up that balloon? The midgets pretending to be kids was funny, as was Lucy's line about how surprising it would've been to give the "girl" a bath.

I think s3 is probably my favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

Try watching in order, a whole new experience.

Oh but i have done that before, it's just that i haven't watched them in a while so i'm way overdue.  To get back to the original thread question, i love season one the most because it was so nice to see Lucy, with her own real life kids, trying to bridge the generation gap.  Had they had great writing, might have been so much better.  Emmy award winning type better, LOL!

Archived