'I Love Lucy' Christmas special on CBS: Dec. 7, 2014

Paul Sheehan

CBS just announced this "new" Christmas special, airing from 8 to 9 ET/PT on Sunday, Dec. 7

Features two back-to-back classic episodes of the 1950s series, including the seldom-seen “Christmas Episode,” and an all-new colorized version of “Job Switching” (a.k.a. “Chocolate Factory”).

Both were colorized with a vintage look, a nod to the 1950s period in which the shows were filmed.

The main titles and end credits of the two episodes are seamlessly combined into one set—at the beginning and end of the hour, with no interruption between the episodes. (Rebroadcast)

After last year's boffo ratings on a Friday night, CBS is showing real confidence by scheduling this one on the night with the most households watching TV. 

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No... For whatever reason, CBS wants to issue the colorized materials separately... (trust me, I asked!)...

I'm guessing Season Two will be released sometime in the spring. We do not have a definite date as yet. Will let you know as soon as I hear something...

Anyone who does not want to see the program colorized always has the option of turning off the color on his or her TV set -- and watching the show in black-and-white...

The bottom line for me is HOW WONDERFUL that people have that choice and that chance.  What other 60-year-old TV program is asked and expected to compete in prime time against the best that the modern-day competitors have to offer... to prove itself all over again...  Lucy's prgrams have always been special  to me. I'm delighted that the network agrees and not only keeps it available to us in all the latest technological formats, but even lets "the lady" shine once again on the biggest stage ever devised... She'd be very proud...

EXACTLY, a Christmas special that wasn't exactly LOVED by Lucy is shown at Christmas time and they add one of the classic eps of the series, COLORIZED for our pleasure, finally showing us something different from what we are used to seeing, some of us for more than half a century.  Yes, Lucy certainly would be proud, that she has entertained us, given us the gift of laughter and did it in such a terrific way that we are still watching the shows, all over the world and these gifts, like seeing an episode colorized and in prime time yet shows her legacy is still intact and television's Chaplin is still sharing her comedic gifts with us a quarter century after leaving us.  I for one, consider this my favorite gift for this Christmas and I appreciate the work YOU have done Mr Watson and CBS also for the gift of Lucy as our lives would be decidedly duller without her shining presence as Carol Burnett said of Lucy upon her induction into the T V Hall of Fame.

This is a touch off thread conversation; but, perhaps tjw knows why CB does not agree to coming to Jamestown....let's ask him if he knows....FOR SURE, that is; we've had years to speculate.  

Tom should be on the Board of Directors; but, he knows MUCHO - let's ask him to spill.  ANYONE???!!!!

Archived