'I Love Lucy' Christmas special on CBS: Dec. 7, 2014

Paul Sheehan

Nah -- a lot of people have a lo t"going on" in their lives this time of  year -- which is why I am thrilled that the major networks have started to repeat certain programs within a short period of time (borrowing a page from cable's playbook!)... Years ago, this was unheard of... But NBC has been doing it with their annual "live" productions, and now CBS is doing it with the Lucy specials... Am very pleased!

I agree and I think the repeat broadcast works in every one's favor-

For one, It's bringing in such favorable ratings to the network and then it's also bringing that magical quality of TV back into so many homes.

Recently, our family has found the convenience in tablets and streaming our own content- having it work around our schedule, but on Dec.7th, that changed- We each put our phones and devices down for those 5-8 minutes in-between commercials and experienced TV as a family. I didn't really notice this until after a set of commercials went by, and the show opens back up, and my niece tells her sister ;whose out of the room getting more pop corn- "hurry up, Lucy's back on" and it hit me lol We're doing what families did 60 years ago!..AND ITS GENUINELY FUN! :D so I think its really benefiting so many of us on both sides of the spectrum..or "barometer" as Lucy would say lol 

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah -- a lot of people have a lo t"going on" in their lives this time of  year -- which is why I am thrilled that the major networks have started to repeat certain programs within a short period of time (borrowing a page from cable's playbook!)... Years ago, this was unheard of... But NBC has been doing it with their annual "live" productions, and now CBS is doing it with the Lucy specials... Am very pleased!

Hey, i was only kidding!  And i know how much they've been repeating things lately, a show seen on Monday is repeated on Friday.  A Christmas special, in this case SNL, is repeated again tonight and i even watched it again.  I think i saw Buble's Christmas special four times.

ABC reran the CMA Country Christmas this year too.  It was even planned as a repeat before the first one aired.  Same with Charlie Brown Christmas.

Well, THOSE are repeated every year for the past decades.  How about the movies, or that network that shows A Christmas Story every two hours for a whole day?

Please feel free to send me a friend request, and add me as a friend.

Another thing I noticed during the Wrapping Department/Conveyor Belt scene, is that lucy has either white tape, or a white bandage on her left pinky finger. Never noticed it in the black and white version, before.

Please feel free to send me a friend request, and add me as a friend.

Another thing I noticed during the Wrapping Department/Conveyor Belt scene, is that lucy has either white tape, or a white bandage on her left pinky finger. Never noticed it in the black and white version, before.

Well, there ya go, another argument for color, LOL!

Pretty much, glad they're replaying it for Christmas Eve tomorrow it's something me and the entire family can sit down and watch.

I noticed this too. Looks like she may have a cut and but a bandage over it.

Ok, listen, i'm thrilled that the I Love Lucy Christmas dvd was available thru Target, but i'm just lucky Target opened all these stores in Canada last year so otherwise we would have lost out on this.  I preferred when it was available anywhere dvds were sold, however, maybe Target was a better deal for consumers, what happens next year?  Wal Mart?  Now, getting it and finding out it's just the chocolate factory episode inserted in last year's in this tiny little packlet.  Why couldn't that packlet be available on it's on like they do when they sell Christmas cds in Hallmark and it would be there on the counter for people to pick up like the Ellen Christmas music cd which is available exclusively at Target by the way.  I do understand though that by getting the new colorized episode each year, people who didn't get it the previous year can get all four or next year FIVE of them in one shot, makes the ideal Christmas gift for fans of the show.

Archived