'I Love Lucy' Christmas special on CBS: Dec. 7, 2014

Paul Sheehan

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would anybody be interested in creating a Facebook group/page, regarding colorized "I Love Lucy" episodes, color Lucy photo's, onset color movies, videos, footage, etc.? I think it would be a lot more active than the thread we've currently been on. We could encourage people to share what color items they have. They probably have things we haven't seen, and vice versa. Thoughts?

Would anybody be interested in creating a Facebook group/page, regarding colorized "I Love Lucy" episodes, color Lucy photo's, onset color movies, videos, footage, etc.? I think it would be a lot more active than the thread we've currently been on. We could encourage people to share what color items they have. They probably have things we haven't seen, and vice versa. Thoughts?

I pass.  I have never been fond of Facebook, i go there once or twice a year and find that a chore.

• 3 weeks later...

What is so terrible about it up there? People here love it. Kmart in the US closing I would not be surprised about.

I don't have any first-hand experience of the U.S. Target, but I understand there isn't as much variety up here as there is in the American stores and the prices aren't anything special. There was a lot of customer disappointment and they didn't bother to go there after the initial hoopla. There is a Target very close to my house; I only shopped there thrice and two of the experiences were terrible.

Target is going out of business?

I didn't know it was all of Canada, thought it was just here in Queerbec where they have 28 stores only opened a year ago or so and none of them doing well, people say they are not the same as the US ones, are smaller and have less merchandise.  They were only going to turn a profit in 2021 and were losing so much money every month that it was cheaper to just close.  Glad we got the Lucy Christmas dvd THIS year, hope there is no longer a Target exclusivity for next Christmas.

Can you say Nate Berkus??! :lucythrill:

Really?  You mean that now that they are cleaning out everything, i could go get me some Nate stuff?  Really cheap?  I have his book and love the way he decorates, well not always, i hate those home made things that look too improvised but i like the way he says, display everything you have, that i agree with.

Thanks, Robbie!

The problem with Target's (Corporate) argument with opening too many stores is they actually did a phased roll out of the stores and despite Phase One not doing well they, in their infinite wisdom, decided to continue on with Phase 2.

Thanks, Robbie!

The problem with Target's (Corporate) argument with opening too many stores is they actually did a phased roll out of the stores and despite Phase One not doing well they, in their infinite wisdom, decided to continue on with Phase 2.

They opened them all at once HERE in Queerbec.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived