'I Love Lucy' Christmas special on CBS: Dec. 7, 2014

Paul Sheehan

If for some reason they do not, let us know -- and one of us down here in the colonies will get one and send it up...

Oh God, you are much too kind, the Lucy universe would be greatly diiminished if people like YOU did not exist.  Now YOU should be running that damned Museum.  Then maybe ALL Lucy products like books and dvds would be available there.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, okay. So, hopefully, we should "spect" to see the right ones, for this year's show?

Zactly, they made a mistake in the airing of promos but would never dare screw up the show itself, LOL!  Must have been done by a twenty year old intern who never heard of the show, seinfeld fan, you know, LOL!

I wonder which parts of the Job Switching episode had to be cut in order to fit the time slot? Must be a tough decision trying to decide what to remove. Only 4 more days left and it will air on Sunday on CBS. And then on Tuesday December 9 we get  the new color show on dvd from Target. Thanks to all involved with the I Love Lucy color shows and Christmas Special and Blu ray dvds. Your work is amazing and makes this Lucy fan very happy. :peachonthebeach::ill:

I wonder which parts of the Job Switching episode had to be cut in order to fit the time slot? Must be a tough decision trying to decide what to remove. Only 4 more days left and it will air on Sunday on CBS. And then on Tuesday December 9 we get  the new color show on dvd from Target. Thanks to all involved with the I Love Lucy color shows and Christmas Special and Blu rays dvds. Your work is amazing and makes this Lucy fan very happy. :peachonthebeach::ill:

I'd wager they would cut the breakfast scene as it doesn't particularly damage the plot, but I hope not.

I still think they should've colorized the tag scene of " Jingle Bells," that was featured after the "Drafted" episode, even if it does reflect/mirror/resemble the last scene of the "Christmas" episode. It's done in a different setting, and they're singing around the Christmas tree. I'd much rather have seen that. Than the costume/wardrobe/makeup tests, wHicham I heard won't be shown in its entirety, either. But, I feel if they did Jingle Bells, over the other, maybe the two shows wouldn't have been edited/cut, so much. Maybe on next year's "I Love Lucy" Christmas Special, and/or DVD telease. I'd love to see the while Christmas Show colorized, too including the flashbacks.

I still think they should've colorized the tag scene of " Jingle Bells," that was featured after the "Drafted" episode, even if it does reflect/mirror/resemble the last scene of the "Christmas" episode. It's done in a different setting, and they're singing around the Christmas tree. I'd much rather have seen that. Than the costume/wardrobe/makeup tests, wHicham I heard won't be shown in its entirety, either. But, I feel if they did Jingle Bells, over the other, maybe the two shows wouldn't have been edited/cut, so much. Maybe on next year's "I Love Lucy" Christmas Special, and/or DVD telease. I'd love to see the while Christmas Show colorized, too including the flashbacks.

They'd HAVE to cut something or "speed it up a little" (how appropo!) to fill today's hour timeslot, which if you time anything of current "vintage" equates to only approximately 40 - 42 minutes; considering most ILL eps run about 25, almost 26 minutes total each (or 50 - 52 minutes altogether) something either had to "give" or even less preferably, they'd have to show it sped up to fill the time allotted. 

Neither is my preference but.... given how many times we've seen each show, I'd rather "lose a little off the top" than watch it in "chipmunk" mode! ;)

Just another reason to thank god (and Tom and Gregg and etc. and CBS!) for the DVDs and now Blu-Rays!  BRING ON SEASON TWO on BLU!!! :peachonthebeach:

I'm wondering if this version of "Job Switching" that was colorized for this TV Special, was remastered and restored, from the original elements, and that is going to be on the forthcoming "I Love Lucy" Ultimate Season Two Blu-ray. In other words, I'm wondering if they colorized the black and white blu-ray version of the episode, and if that's the one that will be on Sunday, December 7, @ 8:00 PM, EST, only colorized.

My aunt is going to record it for me, when it comes on Sunday, December 7, @ 8:00. I'll also be buying the DVD from Target, either in store, or via their online website.

Instead of the Christmas Show, and a newly colorized episode every year, I'd either like to see the colorized wraparound segments, of the Christmas Show, and two newly colorized episodes, or two newly colorized 2, and some colorized special bonus features, that were on past DVD'S, or forthcoming ones.

Instead of the Christmas Show, and a newly colorized episode every year, I'd either like to see the colorized wraparound segments, of the Christmas Show, and two newly colorized episodes, or two newly colorized episodes, and some colorized special bonus features, that were on past DVD'S, or forthcoming ones.

No, i meant their former network showing them in Prime Time as a special, you know, some people think that show was God's gift to viewers and the best comedy series of all time, the friggin morons. :lucyeww:

Well, it did take CBS over 30 years to put I Love Lucy back in prime time as a special. :D

Archived