Which ONE episode of "I Love Lucy" should CBS colourize next?

Since it looks like another colourized episode of I Love Lucy is being foisted/gifted upon us (as the case may be) this Christmas, it seems further episodes are an inevitability.

So, we have:

1. The Christmas Special

2. Lucy Goes To Scotland

3. Lucy's Italian Movie

4. Job Switching

Which ONE episode would each of you nominate for the Ted Turner treatment in 2015, and why?

• Like 1

Yes, of course it should be L A At Last as we heard some of it already exists as it was shown some years ago at some event, right?  But after that, definitely The Fashion Show, I too want to see those beautiful gowns in color.  As for Lucy Ricardo, in color, Vancing with Dan Johnson and her most beautiful gown on the series, as well as Lucy gets in pictures to see her most beautiful showgirl outfit on the series.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment (relax, Joey, I'm still what you'd call a "purist")...

I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing "The Fashion Show" in color, simply because seeing the dresses in color would, I think, add something. Given the popularity of this episode, I'm sure it's in the pipeline.

I am understanding of advertisers refusing to buy air time for B&W programs, so I can see why CBS is colorizing these installments for re-broadcast. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it. I can only hope that folks who tune in will see the ads for the upcoming blu-rays and pick them up, not only to keep the blu-ray project alive but to experience the shows as originally aired and intended. If that's the ultimate goal of these rebroadcasts, then I can accept them.

• Like 1

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment (relax, Joey, I'm still what you'd call a "purist")...

I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing "The Fashion Show" in color, simply because seeing the dresses in color would, I think, add something. Given the popularity of this episode, I'm sure it's in the pipeline.

I am understanding of advertisers refusing to buy air time for B&W programs, so I can see why CBS is colorizing these installments for re-broadcast. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it. I can only hope that folks who tune in will see the ads for the upcoming blu-rays and pick them up, not only to keep the blu-ray project alive but to experience the shows as originally aired and intended. If that's the ultimate goal of these rebroadcasts, then I can accept them.

Okay...I won't get excited given your very thoughtful and articulate argument and if I'm being honest, I pretty much agree.... I just have a hard time with the thinking we have to "rewrite history" to accommodate those who've become "bored" by seeing these gems in their original state and need the "inducement" of color to be enticed to watch them again.  :vanda:

So......what color should we make Rosebud?  :lucywow:

• Like 1

I just have a hard time with the thinking we have to "rewrite history" to accommodate those who've become "bored" by seeing these gems in their original state and need the "inducement" of color to be enticed to watch them again

I can't agree with this statement enough. I find it a very selfish mentality, to be honest, that demands such things.

• 1 year later...