Which ONE episode of "I Love Lucy" should CBS colourize next?

I wouldn't be surprised if "The Audition" was in the pipeline, given it's based on the pilot and features one of the more famous comedy routines. Plus they have color reference footage.

You may be right but having "reference footage" doesn't seem to be that much of a consideration given some of the artistic choices made thus far, e.g. the color of the appliances in the Ricardo kitchen -- a sort of pastel yellow?? I don't think so...I'm pretty sure, having grown up with appliances exactly like that stove and refrigerator that more than likely they were plain ol' white, pure and simple. :blink:

• 3 years later...

One of the Country/Connecticut episodes preferably. That era of I Love Lucy has yet to be touched (while the emphasis has been on Hollywood era).

I would think the Lucy Raises Chickens/Lucy Does the Tango 2-parter would be the first Connecticut selection given it contained the show's longest laugh recorded and it seems to be the most memorable of the whole bunch.

23 hours ago, Harrison said:

One of the Country/Connecticut episodes preferably. That era of I Love Lucy has yet to be touched (while the emphasis has been on Hollywood era).

I would think the Lucy Raises Chickens/Lucy Does the Tango 2-parter would be the first Connecticut selection given it contained the show's longest laugh recorded and it seems to be the most memorable of the whole bunch.

These have been my pick for awhile. In terms of set design, the Connecticut house is really wonky, but it's still the nicest place the gang ever inhabited, save for maybe the Beverly Palms suites. "Raises Chickens" isn't the most outstanding episode (I watched it last month with some family), but "Tango" is so, so iconic, you'd think it would be an easy pick. I wonder why the colorization gang has stalled so long on doing a Connecticut episode of ILL or even a Comedy Hour.